Spyder Garage

Default Help with a phone mount please - can I simply get a longer bolt?

So I bought this tackform phone mount for my F3L
    https://www.tackform.com/products/ph...pyder-tackform

The bolt that came with it is too short. And using the OEM bolt is also too short. But barely.

I attached two pics of my handlebars. So is it possible to go out and simply get a bolt that is slightly longer than will work with my handlebars?

I am totally at a loss here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-06-2023 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... I think?? ;-)
    2018 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Call Motorcycle Dave at (209) 887-3283 or take your bolt to Ace Hardware and get a longer one.

Spyder Garage

Have you entertained contacting whoever you bought it from and asking them to send you the correct bolt? Might be easier than trying to find the correct one on your own.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

As I recall, Lamonster offers a pair of longer bolts as an "accessory" for his handlebar riser. I installed the riser on my wife's Sea to Sky and added the longer bolts because she has a center-mount GPS bracket. It's one source at least if others fail.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-07-2023 at 07:28 PM. Reason: q - a + if ;-)
    2015 Spyder RT-S (Arion) and 2021 RTL Sea to Sky (charming wife)
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

I just took the original bolt to the hardware store and got one with the correct threads but longer. Mounted a RAM ball there for my GPS.
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!