Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BIG Shout out to dealer!!

I finally contacted my dealer about the sprocket recall. I was given two choices: I could schedule an appointment for sometime in July or drop it off and they would work it in between appointments and it should take about a week. I, of course, chose the drop off option and rode it to Motosports in Hanover, PA yesterday. I dropped the RTL off at about 10 AM expecting that I would be picking it up next week sometime. I received a call from the Service Manager at about 2 PM telling me that the repair had been done and that I could pick up the Spyder any time that it was convenient. The owner and employees at Motosports are warm and friendly and treat their customers with respect! This is why I take all of my service needs to them!
    Last edited by SpyderConvert; 05-06-2023 at 09:35 AM.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

And in stark contrast to that, 3 weeks ago I called again to the 2 close dealers in my area. One gave me the usual, 'The recall is for inspection. we remove, lube, and replace unless we see a problem."
    The other said they were getting sprockets on Wednesday,4-12. Great, put me on the list, and call for a good time to have it done, I'm on vacation the week of the 17th.
    STILL WAITING. Just like every other day since last fall when the recall was announced.
    CanAm is less than responsive on even a federal recall.

Spyder Garage

I called my dealer about 4 weeks ago to schedule the recall sprocket replacement for my 2018 RT. They told me they had none in stock at the moment but they were expecting a shipment of new sprockets in shortly. However, they suggested that I authorize them to submit a special order for a new sprocket in my name (no deposit required) which could expedite things, which I did. A week later the service manager called to say my special-order sprocket had arrived and I could schedule an appointment to have it installed. My appointment was for this past Wednesday, 5/10/23, and they installed the new sprocket. When I was there they told me that they had just received a shipment of recall replacement sprockets, so it appears recall sprocket availability is improving fairly quickly.

2018 RT Ltd.
    2018 RT Ltd , Oxford Blue/Chrome