Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    I never got around to answering you K80. I ended up buying the 27" because with the new Corbin seat, I sit a bit higher and the OEM 25" windshield is too low now. With the 27", I can still see over it.
    Thanks for the info, QuickDraw. I am now concerned that the 27” may be too short to reach my top lip due to my height and my raised Daylong seat. I’ll have to do a bit more research.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Thanks for the info, QuickDraw. I am now concerned that the 27” may be too short to reach my top lip due to my height and my raised Daylong seat. I’ll have to do a bit more research.

Pete
    At 6' 7" Pete, anything is going to be too low for you.

The nice part about the 7Jurock windshield with the flip at the top is that I barely even have raise the shield. I only raise it when I go on the faster roads where I do 70 mph (112.65 kph) or better. And even then I can get away with it not being fully raised.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

The nice part about the 7Jurock windshield with the flip at the top is that I barely even have raise the shield. I only raise it when I go on the faster roads where I do 70 mph (112.65 kph) or better. And even then I can get away with it not being fully raised.
    Ahhhhhh yes. I remember now that my research in the dim, dark, pre Covid days mentioned a flip, which I thought might work, QuickDraw. It will be taller than my flat top F4 25”, anyway. I might still pull the trigger …..thanks.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Ahhhhhh yes. I remember now that my research in the dim, dark, pre Covid days mentioned a flip, which I thought might work, QuickDraw. It will be taller than my flat top F4 25”, anyway. I might still pull the trigger …..thanks.

Pete
    I love my F4 shield, except in RAIN, I wish it had the flip on it... All my past bikes I put a shield with the flip on it and the water management was much better than shields with-out the flip.

I'm going to have to look at the 7Jurock windshield now....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-22-2023 at 07:16 AM. Reason: then... ;-)
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RiderDuke View Post
    I love my F4 shield, except in RAIN, I wish it had the flip on it... All my past bikes I put a shield with the flip on it and the water management was much better than shields with-out the flip.

I'm going to have to look at the 7Jurock windshield now....
    Your profile pic gave me a chuckle once I realised I am getting older and should wear my glasses regularly. I thought -

“Where the heck does RiderDuke sit while he has his wheelchair on the front seat?”

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Hey Troop,

Why did you get the cutouts in your 7Jurock?…….do they really make any difference? …….
    and how did you order them? I can’t see any option on their ordering page.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Hey Troop,

Why did you get the cutouts in your 7Jurock?…….do they really make any difference? …….
    and how did you order them? I can’t see any option on their ordering page.

Pete
    They don't show them in their photos on their website. They will cut them in at no extra charge if you put that info in the order notes. I did ride mine one time in the rain with the OEM shield installed and noticed no precipitation coming through to me. I do believe the cut outs help alleviate windshield pressure a bit.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    They don't show them in their photos on their website. They will cut them in at no extra charge if you put that info in the order notes. I did ride mine one time in the rain with the OEM shield installed and noticed no precipitation coming through to me. I do believe the cut outs help alleviate windshield pressure a bit.
    Great……thanks Troop. Yes, there has to be a reason that a “cost conscious” company like BRP goes to the added expense of putting them in their stock screens.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    OK Jeff……I bit the bullet and ordered the 27” Flip with the cutouts. I thought the online shipping price shown was a bit light on, and sure enough I had a contact from them saying they had miscalculated shipping. It sounded like a genuine mistake. They met me halfway on the additional shipping cost (which was the cost from other online suppliers anyway) which I was happy with.

It is now installed and I am very happy. With the flip, it provides more helmet air clearance when fully raised, but still looking easily over the top, so it works better for me than the bodgied 25” F4 (from the F3-L) I was using. At its lowest setting it still provides plenty of airflow.

Thanks for all the advice from everybody. Happy camper here…….now if only the courier companies would drop the US to AUS shipping costs back to pre Covid levels, I would be an even happier camper.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

OK Jeff……I bit the bullet and ordered the 27” Flip with the cutouts. I thought the online shipping price shown was a bit light on, and sure enough I had a contact from them saying they had miscalculated shipping. It sounded like a genuine mistake. They met me halfway on the additional shipping cost (which was the cost from other online suppliers anyway) which I was happy with.

It is now installed and I am very happy. With the flip, it provides more helmet air clearance when fully raised, but still looking easily over the top, so it works better for me than the bodgied 25” F4 (from the F3-L) I was using. At its lowest setting it still provides plenty of airflow.

Thanks for all the advice from everybody. Happy camper here…….now if only the courier companies would drop the US to AUS shipping costs back to pre Covid levels, I would be an even happier camper.

Pete
    Excellent ! With you just getting into summer, and me winter, it'll be awhile before I can really try it out. Enjoy

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue