Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Make sure you buy your Extended Warranty BEFORE the OEM Warranty expires!

I called Sierra Cycles to buy the extended Warranty for my 2021 F3 and sent them an email with the info and VIN.

I got an email back telling me my warranty expired.

A couple hours later they called to make sure I got the email, and he told me I missed it by ONE day. If I had called yesterday, I would’ve been able to get it.

So, if you’re thinking about getting the extended warranty, do it before it expires. BRP doesn’t allow even the slightest delay.

Shucks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-04-2023 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

its always been said on this forum.... buy extended warranty BEFORE regular warranty expires. BUT didn't know they were that particular!!!! by one day
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I called Sierra Cycles to buy the extended Warranty for my 2021 F3 and sent them an email with the info and VIN.

A couple hours later they called to make sure I got the email, and he told me I missed it by ONE day. If I had called yesterday, I would’ve been able to get it.

So, if you’re thinking about getting the extended warranty, do it before it expires. BRP doesn’t allow even the slightest delay.

Shucks
    Sorry to hear that for you, that really sucks. My recommendation for others is to make a reminder on your phone/calendar or whatever you use for at least 30 days prior to the factory warranty expiring.
    Last edited by Adventurer; 05-04-2023 at 05:54 PM.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Sea-To-Sky)
    2022 Ryker Rally

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Shucks
    Don't sweat it ..... I didn't do it for my 14 RT and it hasn't cost me a penny ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Was Sierra the best price?
    On the search for a extended warranty.
    Thanks and sorry (being a day late)for the information

Spyder Garage

Remember $671 for 3 years of BRP Best from IMOTORSPORTS, THOMAS PALMER (630)634-8428
    IMOTORSPORTS is a SPYDERLOVERS sponsor and you are a member, Tell them that.

FLAMEWINGER, Your on this site all of the time. How the heck did you not GIT-R-DONE?

T.P.
    Last edited by T.P.; 05-05-2023 at 06:13 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
    FLAMEWINGER, Your on this site all of the time. How the heck did you not GIT-R-DONE?

T.P.
    I didn’t realize I bought it so early in May. I thought I had a couple of weeks. Also, been too busy dealing with my 97 yo Mom.

Thanks.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Shucks
    youve had your 2021 for over 3 yrs.
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fredgal View Post
    youve had your 2021 for over 3 yrs.
    So May 2021 to May 2022 is one year. Then May 2022 to May 2023 makes it 3 years?
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

If you bought it in May 2021 May 2021 to May 2022 is 1 year May 2022 to May 2023 is year 2, the way i figured.

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

I know that the 2020's only came with a two year warranty.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I know that the 2020's only came with a two year warranty.
    yea, i was thinking it was 3 yr.. but only 2 yrs. i bought my 2020 around may of 2021, it was a leftover for 20974.00. but i purchased the best warrenty last yr. from Imotorsports. so im good till 04/2026
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Here’s another note about purchasing BRP extended BEST warranty………..for sleds and SXS at least, not sure about spyders but assume it’s the same, buy the full 5 years total. ( factory plus 3 year additional after factory) If you buy a 1 or 2 year extended BEST warranty before your stock is up which you have to, you can only extend it ONCE! so if you get a factory 2 year and buy an extended 1 BEST year, so total 3 years, and an issue occurs in the third year and you want to buy 2 more years just to be safe, you can’t! Even though it’s less than 5. You can only buy the extended BEST warranty once, so in my opinion buy the 3 year just to be safe.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 05-07-2023 at 07:23 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    Here’s another note about purchasing BRP extended BEST warranty………..for sleds and SXS at least, not sure about spyders but assume it’s the same, buy the full 5 years total. ( factory plus 3 year additional after factory) If you buy a 1 or 2 year extended BEST warranty before your stock is up which you have to, you can only extend it ONCE! so if you get a factory 2 year and buy an extended 1 BEST year, so total 3 years, and an issue occurs in the third year and you want to buy 2 more years just to be safe, you can’t! Even though it’s less than 5. You can only buy the extended BEST warranty once, so in my opinion buy the 3 year just to be safe.
    You scared me, had to go back and look, I couldn’t remember if I purchased the additional 3 yrs. or just 1 year…whew I got the 3 yr extension. BTW the $671 from iMotorsports is the amount for the 3 yr BEST warranty.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Sea-To-Sky)
    2022 Ryker Rally

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When I bought my 2021 RTL from the previous owner last October 30, that was one of my concerns. She thought that she purchased it in mid December 2020, so I was good. When I went to buy the extended warranty, she actually got it in May 2021, so I still had time. But with my memory I didn't want to chance it so I bought it them. On my BMW K1600B, it came with standard 3 year warranty. I picked up an additional 5 years for around $1,100. The good thing about them is that if I should sell the bike and not transfer the warranty to the new owner, they will pro rate the time and give me some money back on the warranty. That was a no brainer to me. Especially with all the electronic stuff on that bike.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Remember $671 for 3 years of BRP Best from IMOTORSPORTS, THOMAS PALMER (630)634-8428
    Unless you have a 3 year warranty at time of purchase. I got an extra year of warranty free for pre-ordering my 2022 in October of 2021. So, if I buy an extended BEST warranty, I will only get an additional 2 years and it still costs $671 from Imotorsports.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

I second everything said about Thomas Palmer at iMotorsports. I had it in my calendar to call about extending the warranty on my 2021 Sea to Sky in a few weeks. Thanks to this thread I decided not to wait and potentially miss out. I left a voicemail for Thomas on Friday and he got back to me this afternoon. He quoted $671 for the coverage. All he needed was the VIN and a credit card and the whole process took maybe 5 minutes.

Highly recommended!

Warren