Spyder Garage

Default Skyline Drive, BRP, Waya Rd, Cherohala Skwy , Rattler, Tail and Back of the Dragon

Leaving May 18 From NJ for 6 days of riding. The first day Skyline Drive part of the BRP and then to a hotel in Trouteville Second day Cherohala Skyway, Waya Road. and Tail of the dragon then to Andrews NC for the night Third, forth and Fifth day in Maggie Valley hoping to do the Rattle , BRP and Copperhead road Sixth day to Tazawell VA to the Back of the Dragon. Then Home from VA . There is going to be shut down on the BRP for Paving so riding the entire BRP is not happening this year,

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

Wayah Rd is a sleepy not known rd. Really good to ride. Thats a lot of really good areas, scenic views, and curvy roads. Have a good time
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-05-2023 at 12:21 AM. Reason: alot - a lot ;-)
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

+1 for Wayah Road. Many moons ago my mother cautioned me not to slip and fall into Alarka Creek. Then she proceeded to slip in. Fortunately the only thing damaged was her pride.

Chip
    2020 RTL
    "Stella by Starlight"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The BRP will be closed off and on from 421-21 in NC starting Monday (5.15.23) and lasting about 3 years for some much needed paving.
    2021 Honda HRV
    2245 Constitution class starship (refitted 2270-2271) (for sale)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT (gone)
    2019 Honda CR-V (gone)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (gone)
    2014 Kawasaki Nomad (gone)

Spyder Garage

Yes I found out. I will just ride to 121 mile marker to the detour on the BRP. Then over night in Troutville, then to the Interstate to the next hotel . Thank you for the info MONK.

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You have quite an adventure ahead of you. I have done all of those roads at one time or another. Did the southern roads that you mention 4 weeks ago on my BMW K1600B. The weather was great, and getting 300 miles per tank was an added bonus.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Enjoy the loop! I've done those roads on 2 and 3 wheels a few times and they are all excellent. We stopped doing Skyline when they raised the price but there are plenty of alternates on the way to the BRP head end. BRP detours are common mostly for weather issues so take this along https://www.nps.gov/blri/planyourvis....4172/-81.1782
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White