Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    No, not all of them are someone else's. I have 2 grandsons that don't even have a driver's license. They don't want to learn to drive. One of them is over 20 years old, the other one graduates from high school this year. When I was the same age as the older one, I was aircrew on C-130 aircraft in Vietnam and had a 3 page long military license with a long list of equipment and vehicles I was license to operate. I was airdrop qualified and qualified to haul Class A explosives on down.

My son was driving when he was 14 years old, had his regular operators license and was working part time from the time he was 16 years old. I have no clue what happened to the grandkids. They did get caught up in the stupid covid shut downs and the schools in their state were locked down for a long time. Other than that, they just don't seem real motivated.
    Thank you for your service. I might have caught a ride or two on your C-130.

The world certainly has changed a great deal in 50+ years, even the last 20. There are tools, toys and career opportunities available today that weren't even imagined back then. Every generation worries about the younger one, and then breathes a sigh of relief as our seemingly aimless progeny finds its footing in THEIR world, rather than ours.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

C-130's. Good bit of kit but I always wondered how they managed to get almost of all the noise inside the aircraft.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Every generation worries about the younger one, and then breathes a sigh of relief as our seemingly aimless progeny finds its footing in THEIR world, rather than ours.
    I can only hope they do find what they want to work at. My son is planning to take early retirement and move back down here to the farm in a couple more years. He is bringing them all down here with him when he comes. Maybe they will find something to interest them once they get down here. I can guarantee they won't be sitting in the house playing on the computer all day while everybody else is outside working.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Isopedella View Post
    C-130's. Good bit of kit but I always wondered how they managed to get almost of all the noise inside the aircraft.
    All of the noise is not inside, only about half of it. The noise is good. If the noise stops while you are flying along, it is time to grab a chute.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Thank you for your service. I might have caught a ride or two on your C-130.

The world certainly has changed a great deal in 50+ years, even the last 20. There are tools, toys and career opportunities available today that weren't even imagined back then. Every generation worries about the younger one, and then breathes a sigh of relief as our seemingly aimless progeny finds its footing in THEIR world, rather than ours.
    Until the internet goes down or the electricity goes out...
    21 Spyder base F3

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Until the internet goes down or the electricity goes out...
    Harrumph!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carbonation View Post
    Good question.
    I'd think a sec, and then probably say.
    350 small block Chevy camshaft vs. EVC system, ie camless, using solenoids and either firmware or software programming.

If you can find a guy that can repair a lawnmower or tractor, and watches inappropriate websites, dealing with viruses, high jacks,and browser histories... you have a chance at a decent tech.
    The one developed by Christian von Koenigsegg, pretty awesome stuff right there.