Spyder Garage

Default A Spyder and a Ryker, who has both and why

I love my 2021 RT Limited but am always casting a wondering eye over at those Rykers. The go-cart fun and the endless customization call my name. But then I wake up and think, do I really need TWO three wheel machines? Would my wife leave me over this? Does anyone else experience this desire and tension?

Spyder Garage

I have wondered the same thing. I have a ton of dirt roads and Amish roads around my house. I have a ton of state and national forest around too that I really don’t want to take my RT down but would be fun to switch up here and there and run those roads. I actually thought about getting one and have my son use it with me on some local day rides. I can agree with your eyes wondering It would be a blast to go down some of the back country dirt roads to see some waterfalls, etc and not hurt the RT.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 05-03-2023 at 01:14 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Reading these first two posts got me to wondering about road clearance. How is the road clearance on the Ryker as compared with the RT and/or F3? Much greater?

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

I have both, see my sig line. I bought the Ryker to explore dirt and gravel roads but I find I don’t ride the Ryker near as much as I thought I would. I’ve considered selling it but I never quite get to that point.

The Rally has an extra inch of clearance, so around 5” which still isn’t much so for back road exploring they can’t be too rough or you’ll be dragging the bottom a lot. Plus the rear end is so light you don’t get very good traction for climbing steep or loose sections. Even a real aggressive rear tire probably wouldn’t be much better simply due to lack of weight on the rear tire.

They’re fun to hot rod around town because the CVT transmission really gets the power to the ground and it’ll nearly yank the handlebars out of your hands.

I didn’t really plan on farkling mine when I bought it but I did put a two up ultimate seat on it (it’s a very nice seat upgrade) but so far I’ve never ridden it two up. I bought a windshield for it but haven’t installed it yet and other than those two items I don’t have any plans to add anything else to it.

If I had really good dirt roads nearby I’d probably ride it more but as is I have to ride about an hour just to get to mediocre roads. What seemed like a good idea at the time hasn’t worked out for me. YMMV
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Sea-To-Sky)
    2022 Ryker Rally

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

After seeing what was done to this wrecked ryker I have been debating about trying to find one at auction to frankenstein like they did in this bikes and beards video ...

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I have a S2S and my wife has a Ryker Rally (what's mines is hers, and what's hers is mine). She loves the fact that she can jump over to some dirt, mess around and I cant follow her (LOL). I ride her bike at times and its A LOT of fun ripping it around curves, etc.!! When I want comfort and a relaxing ride with sounds, I jump on my RT. My wife does get lazy at times and simply want to get on the back and enjoy being chauffeured. There are advantages to having both.

2022 RT Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    Nothing Special Yet!
    2022 RT Sea to Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

The RT is mine and the Ryker is the wife's. She wanted the Ryker because it's automatic, but it's a good fit for her too. She's leary of the shifting for the F3, which I would have gotten her, she'd have to do.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When my wife got her 3 wheeled license, she thought about a ryker because that is what she trained on. But i came across a deal on a F3T and that was the bike that we got. She is glad that we went that route, because it is so much more comfortable and has storage. But there are times that I wish I had a ryker to take some dirt roads.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ollicat View Post
    I love my 2021 RT Limited but am always casting a wondering eye over at those Rykers. The go-cart fun and the endless customization call my name. But then I wake up and think, do I really need TWO three wheel machines? Would my wife leave me over this? Does anyone else experience this desire and tension?
    Your wife won't leave you but you have to give her one or the other.

Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Ryker 900 & 2022 Spyder F3-S

I have a 2020 Ryker 900 that I bought December 2020 after riding motorcycles & scooters for 19 years. Great fun, safe, and I’ve put about 14,000 miles on the odometer. In January 2023, I purchased a 2022 Spyder F3-S. I now have almost 4,000 miles on my Spyder. I plan to keep both for now, but I am really appreciating the comfort and power of the bigger Can-Am. I expect that I will ride the Ryker less and less as time passes.

IMG_0761.jpg
    Current:
    ~ 2020 Ryker 900 ACE
    ~ 2022 Spyder F3-S

Previous bikes:
    2001 Triumph Thunderbird
    2002 Triumph Trophy 1200
    2005 Vespa GT200
    2010 Triumph Bonneville Black
    2018 Suzuki Burgman 400ABS

2 & 3 wheel rides:

Visited states:
    [img

Spyder Garage

We have both, wife wanted the Ryker and I ride the Spyder. We use the Spyder for longer trips when we want to ride 2 up.