Spyder Garage

Default Anyone tried 20-23 RT & F3 speaker upgrade fm Slingmods?

Hello guys. I see Slingmods has come out with a speaker upgrade. Has anyone installed them, and do you like the difference?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-02-2023 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mosess01 View Post
    Hello guys. I see Slingmods has come out with a speaker upgrade. Has anyone installed them, and do you like the difference?
    After BRP introduced the NEW radio/ stereo system in 2018, a few folks here attempted to improve things similar to what could be done from 2010 thru 2017 ..... They claimed it didn't work as they had hoped ...... I couldn't understand WHY!!! ... the speakers don't know (or care) where the electronic sound source comes from .... The Slingmods system is only a Speaker SWAP, and they claim it works ..... There are IMHO opinion better speakers for a lot less money that will accomplish what Slingmods did. .... I have said numerous times ALL speakers have to be changed .... or DIS-CONNECTED, if you want better sound .... AND I recommend using the lowest OHM speakers you can find .... when I swapped out my OEM speakers for 2 OHM JBL'S, members here told me it couldn't be done, I would fry the system blah, blah, blah ... Well, I listened to the engineers at JBL who told me that just wouldn't happen ..... 70,000 + miles later ....it hasn't happened! ..... PS - IMHO, you don't need to use "Marine grade" speakers. Today's quality brand speakers are made from materials that are WATERPROOF - period. ..... good luck with this project .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-03-2023 at 12:11 AM. Reason: engineers ;-)

Spyder Garage

Thanks mike....

Spyder Garage

Great info . My back speakers just plain old suck and the front ones even with my 60 year old ears don’t sound all that great.