Spyder Garage

Default 2019 RTL - how do I get to the Horn for replacement?

I know there's been a lot of threads already about aftermarket horns but... here's another one. I have a new to me 2019 RTL and want to install a Stebel. I have it and a relay harness that I've seen other people use. Question is how do I get to it? Took a few minutes to even find it. I thought it was just inside the side panel. Popped that off and nothing there. Poked around and found it in the center up front close to the radiator. No idea how to get to it. I'll also need to figure out how to get the relay harness connected and routed to the battery but the main thing is getting access to the horn. I never jacked the machine up but I do have a square low profile jack I can use. If I take the A frame plastic off I'd have some access but not as much as I'd like. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-01-2023 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Under the right hand bottom side there is a plastic panel that you need to remove. It is held on by 1 screw and 3 plastic rivets.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks. Figured that part out actually. The next issue is the actual installation. I read up a lot on how easy it is.. not for me. I don't give up easy on stuff but I'm getting close. There's no room to mount this horn. Not that I can find anywhere. The machine is on top of 2 folding atv ramps that are on my garage floor. Gives me a little room but not as much as I thought. Either way, I can't use the old horn bracket without getting in the way of the access cover. I've tried a bunch of variations and can't figure it out. I think my first step if I continue is to jack the machine up so I can see things better. Not going nearly as easy as I hoped.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Donnieshacks View Post
    Thanks. Figured that part out actually. The next issue is the actual installation. I read up a lot on how easy it is.. not for me. I don't give up easy on stuff but I'm getting close. There's no room to mount this horn. Not that I can find anywhere. The machine is on top of 2 folding atv ramps that are on my garage floor. Gives me a little room but not as much as I thought. Either way, I can't use the old horn bracket without getting in the way of the access cover. I've tried a bunch of variations and can't figure it out. I think my first step if I continue is to jack the machine up so I can see things better. Not going nearly as easy as I hoped.

I found the wiring to be over my head. I'm putting it up for sale here soon.
    Ride safe; shiny side up, greasy side down.

best,
    linguine

2020 RT Limited , Chalk Gray