Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Been to it 3 or 4 times before it got so big. Last time we stayed way up in Silver Springs because everything near Leesburg was full up.

Interesting if you have not been before, but after 10 or 15 years of going to various bike rallies, it gets to be the same thing in a different place.

Too much traffic, too little parking........... I will leave the rallies for somebody else.

Rather ride 50 or 60 miles to a good mom & pop restaurant in another town and then go back home. Too old to fight the crowds anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

At about 17:21 in the video, that old boy on the white trike with his wheelchair. I bet that set up must of set him back a few bucks. Nice video, thanks for sharing
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    Been to it 3 or 4 times before it got so big. Last time we stayed way up in Silver Springs because everything near Leesburg was full up.

Interesting if you have not been before, but after 10 or 15 years of going to various bike rallies, it gets to be the same thing in a different place.

Too much traffic, too little parking........... I will leave the rallies for somebody else.

Rather ride 50 or 60 miles to a good mom & pop restaurant in another town and then go back home. Too old to fight the crowds anymore.
    I agree it was a 100 plus miles up there and I was really disappointed. nothing but throttle jockeys and rolling DJ's who wanted everybody to hear their music.

This was definitely my last bike event, I'll still hit up the local hangouts for food and music, but no way I'm going outta my way to get to an event.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    I agree it was a 100 plus miles up there and I was really disappointed. nothing but throttle jockeys and rolling DJ's who wanted everybody to hear their music.

This was definitely my last bike event, I'll still hit up the local hangouts for food and music, but no way I'm going outta my way to get to an event.
    I get it. I've never been to a rally before but I'm going to fix that come July when I ride on down to South Dakota for my first rally.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    I get it. I've never been to a rally before but I'm going to fix that come July when I ride on down to South Dakota for my first rally.
    MY life long advice FWIW. If you decide to go on one of the rides make sure your within the top 10 riders or the last 5 riders all the bad stuff happens in the middle of the pack... just like NASCAR.

I stopped group rides some 15 years ago when some jack wagon swerved to avoid a piece of wood and took out a dozen or so bikers all this at 45-50 MPH it was a nasty scene.

Stephan.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post

I used to go to Laconia every year after I retired. I quit going during bike week there, after the time it took me 3 hours to get from the Gunstock Hill Climbs to a restaurant in Laconia. Then it took another hour to get a table in the restaurant. Took another 2 hours of creeping along to get from Laconia to far enough north to get out of all the bike traffic. I still went, but usually a week before or a week after bike week, and I didn't go for bike week so much as to visit friends up there and for the ride from Florida to Maine and back. Had enough of the traffic and the crowds at the bike events. It is time to quit going to the events when getting there is more enjoyable that the event itself.

Yeah, agree with not getting in group rides too. More than 3 or 4, people you don't know is too many. The group rides always pack up too tight. A dog running across the road will take you out because you have nowhere to go, and can't do a panic stop without getting hit from behind.
    Last edited by Gwolf; 05-03-2023 at 08:51 AM.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver