Spyder Garage

Default Has anyone bought BUDS from these guys?

Has anyone bought a BUDS system from these guys. ? https://brrraaap.com/
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-01-2023 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

No, but McAfee flagged the site first click.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rideaway View Post
    Has anyone bought a BUDS system from these guys. ? https://brrraaap.com/
    I don't know about the link you shared, but these guys have been mentioned here as being reliable.

https://www.powersports-diag.com/en/...erface_unit-no
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Joshua Ramsey on FB is selling AND servicing (help, troubleshooting etc) both BUDS and BUDS2, including tablets to run it on etc for very competitive prices... I have contact info to PM if you or anyone else wants it. I got my stuff from him, standup guy...
    Last edited by hypurone; 05-02-2023 at 12:00 PM.

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    I don't know about the link you shared, but these guys have been mentioned here as being reliable.

https://www.powersports-diag.com/en/...erface_unit-no
    I purchased BUDS 2 through them this past February. No problems at all and quick delivery. https://www.powersports-diag.com/en/

Spyder Garage

It appears you need the MegaTech license in order to use this program to disable DESS on your Spyder. In looking at the license options, it appears the 1 month included MegaTech license option is no longer being offered. The minimum license you can get is the 1 year license which will add a few extra hundred dollars to the cost.Tht's going to put this way out of my range just to disable DESS.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

It appears you need the MegaTech license in order to use this program to disable DESS on your Spyder. In looking at the license options, it appears the 1 month included MegaTech license option is no longer being offered. The minimum license you can get is the 1 year license which will add a few extra hundred dollars to the cost.Tht's going to put this way out of my range just to disable DESS.
    There are more and more of us with it that would do it for you if in your "area"... Maybe just post up that you are looking for someone in your area to do it... Others have... ;-)

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    There are more and more of us with it that would do it for you if in your "area"... Maybe just post up that you are looking for someone in your area to do it... Others have... ;-)
    That would be cool. I live in Eastern Washington (the state not the swamp) in the Spokane area.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Joshua Ramsey on FB is selling AND servicing (help, troubleshooting etc) both BUDS and BUDS2, including tablets to run it on etc for very competitive prices... I have contact info to PM if you or anyone else wants it. I got my stuff from him, standup guy...
    Apparently I'm not allowed to send private messages on here? Could youu send me the contact info for Joshua Ramsey please?

Spyder Garage

Apparently I'm not allowed to send private messages on here? Could youu send me the contact info for Joshua Ramsey please?
    You should be allowed... What happens when you try?? Altho looking at your Profile, there may be something odd going on due to the looong break you had between joining & your initial post, and then your more recent posts. Joining & either not posting at all or just posting once followed by a looong break (ie. years! ) before the next post sets off all sorts of warnings & alarms! But tell me what happens & I'll see what can be done.

In the meantime/just in case, here's a reminder that we (ie. none of us ) really SHOULDN'T be sharing anyone's personal info on the public pages of the Forum!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-02-2023 at 07:27 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    You should be allowed... What happens when you try?? Altho looking at your Profile, there may be something odd going on due to the looong break you had between joining & your initial post, and then your more recent posts. Joining & either not posting at all or just posting once followed by a looong break (ie. years! ) before the next post sets off all sorts of warnings & alarms! But tell me what happens & I'll see what can be done.

In the meantime/just in case, here's a reminder that we (ie. none of us ) really SHOULDN'T be sharing anyone's personal info on the public pages of the Forum!
    Sorry rideaway, you are not allowed to send private messages to other users.
    If you feel this is an error use the Contact Us form by Clicking Here to submit your request

Click button to go back to previous page.

Spyder Garage

Sorry rideaway, you are not allowed to send private messages to other users.
    If you feel this is an error use the Contact Us form by Clicking Here to submit your request

Click button to go back to previous page.
    Thanks, it does look like you've been moved into a different membership classification due to those years of membership here without any posting/activity, so you will need to use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to ask Admin to give you full access once more. It shouldn't take too long once it gets thru, altho it may take a day or so to get to the right place/person....

Over to you, send that message via the Contact Us link ASAP!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I wanna disbale my dess too. If anyone near Seattle area plss...
    2020 BLACK SPYDER F3S
    BMW EXHAUST TIP
    PUIG WINDSHIELD
    TUFSKINZ TANK PROTECTOR CARBON FIBER
    DISABLED DESS
    LED LIGHTS
    RAM MOUNT
    INSTA 360 X3
    SENA 10C PRO BLUETOOTH
    ALPINESTARS JACKET
    SCORPION EXO ST 1400 CARBON HELMET

Spyder Garage

That would be cool. I live in Eastern Washington (the state not the swamp) in the Spokane area.
    So did you find someone to disable your dess? I'm from Everett 27 mile north of Seattle.
    2020 BLACK SPYDER F3S
    BMW EXHAUST TIP
    PUIG WINDSHIELD
    DISABLED DESS
    LED LIGHTS
    RAM MOUNT
    INSTA 360 X3
    SENA 10C PRO BLUETOOTH
    ALPINESTARS JACKET

Spyder Garage

No, not yet. I'm seriously starting to consider buying the BUDS system and license to do it myself. Kind of a shame since the whole process only takes like maybe 10 minutes to do too.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

According to Powersports email to me. My order is coming this May 18. If anyone has a step by step procedure how to disable the Dess on Buds. Please let me know... After that I could help lotsa Spyder owner in the Pacific Northwest If they want to. My Megatech License will be 1 year. Im from Seattle area...
    2020 BLACK SPYDER F3S
    BMW EXHAUST TIP
    PUIG WINDSHIELD
    DISABLED DESS
    LED LIGHTS
    RAM MOUNT
    INSTA 360 X3
    SENA 10C PRO BLUETOOTH
    ALPINESTARS JACKET

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by alexf415 View Post
    According to Powersports email to me. My order is coming this May 18. If anyone has a step by step procedure how to disable the Dess on Buds. Please let me know... After that I could help lotsa Spyder owner in the Pacific Northwest If they want to. My Megatech License will be 1 year. Im from Seattle area...
    I'm not too sure about Step by Step, but this video makes it appear to be a pretty simple procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4kaAfjTODE&t=255s

For your sake, I'm glad you pulled the trigger on getting the BUDS system. The peace of mind alone will be well worth the price of admission. Please keep me advised on your progress as I may end up hitting you up. I'll be following this thread closely.
    Last edited by gkamer; 05-18-2023 at 09:19 AM.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

I'm not too sure about Step by Step, but this video makes it appear to be a pretty simple procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4kaAfjTODE&t=255s

For your sake, I'm glad you pulled the trigger on getting the BUDS system. The peace of mind alone will be well worth the price of admission. Please keep me advised on your progress as I may end up hitting you up. I'll be following this thread closely.
    Yup, It arrived yesterday night and I installed it on my windows laptop. Today I disabled that dreaded DESS. No more gripes and complaints from me. I'm now free from the DESS trouble..
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-24-2023 at 01:19 AM. Reason: form... ;-)
    2020 BLACK SPYDER F3S
    BMW EXHAUST TIP
    PUIG WINDSHIELD
    DISABLED DESS
    LED LIGHTS
    RAM MOUNT
    INSTA 360 X3
    SENA 10C PRO BLUETOOTH
    ALPINESTARS JACKET