Spyder Garage

Default Need diagram for a 2017 Freedom trailer

All my lights stopped working and I seem to have an open for all functions. Does the harness have anything inside(relay, resister, diode)that could open and cause this?

Spyder Garage

First check to make sure you do have power coming out of the plug on the Spyder. If not check the power lead going to the trailer adapter on the Spyder.

I bought a couple of 4 way trailer light testers from Harbor Freight. Any time I am not connected to a trailer I have one of these plugged in. Not only can I tell at a glance all is OK but it also keeps dirt and water out of the connector.
    57234_W3.jpg
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Good idea, I have used a test light for a load and all is well with the bike. Tail light, left and right turn signals all light the tester using the bike connector ground.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flylow View Post
    Good idea, I have used a test light for a load and all is well with the bike. Tail light, left and right turn signals all light the tester using the bike connector ground.
    Next I would check the trailer ground. That's the only single wire left in the circuit that would cause your problem. I wish I had one close by to look at and give more more help.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

EdMat,
    Thanks for trying to help, hard to do long distance and without diagrams. I decided to pull the wires so I could get them on the bench for a better look. When I started to pull there was no resistance and when the end came out I found my open. It is a connector that came loose. Judging from the length of wire that came out, the other half connector is about where the draw bar bolts to the body. I took pics but then found that I don't know how to attach them.
    Thanks again for the help.

Charlie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Glad you found it. Who would have thought................;-)
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

That's one of the reasons I was looking for a diagram, it would have shown the connector. And now I'll never need that info again.

Spyder Garage

Pull up the carpet on the left front, you should see where the wires come into the trailer. At least that's how it is on my RT622.
    Also look under the front of the trailer, there may be a junction point there if not inside.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Hey Shooter,
    Thanks for the input. The best I can tell the wire goes inside the draw bar to a connector about where the draw bar meets the trailer body. From there it goes to the rear of the trailer by way of the square tube that runs from front to back. At the rear the wires split up to feed both rear light fixtures and the tag light. Ground and tail light power is ran back up the square tube through the connector to the marker lights mounted on the draw bar. Everything is external to the trailer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flylow View Post
    Hey Shooter,
    Thanks for the input. The best I can tell the wire goes inside the draw bar to a connector about where the draw bar meets the trailer body. From there it goes to the rear of the trailer by way of the square tube that runs from front to back. At the rear the wires split up to feed both rear light fixtures and the tag light. Ground and tail light power is ran back up the square tube through the connector to the marker lights mounted on the draw bar. Everything is external to the trailer.
    Good to know, they changed that with the Freedom. On the RT622 they run inside the trailer.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue