Spyder Garage

Thumbs up F3T Fog light modification to keep lights on all the time??

My F3T has Fog Lights that turn on and off with the high and low beams.
    I believe this is the OEM setup.
    How can I modify the wiring so the fog lights are on all the time.??
    Is there s jumper or a fuse that will accomplish this task??
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-27-2023 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is not a HowTo: DIY thread... & expanded title to briefly ask the question ;-)
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

My 2017 F3 Limited has a button you push to turn them on or off

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Thanks but, Turning the fog lights off and on is not the issue. I have the push button switch.
    With the OEM setup the fog lights are off with high beams and on with the low beams.
    I would like the fogs to be on all the time.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

I would think that is something that a dealer could do. I know that the dealer just hooked up the laptop to my Harley and, bingo the fog lights stayed on at all times.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like they got wired to the lighting circuit instead of the customer acc circuit with its own switch.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I think your going to find a relay somewhere in there that you are going to have to remove, or if you can wire things up, dive in and rewire that circuit start at the switch and follow it out, you with find that gremlin!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

My 2019 came without fog lights, but the wiring for them was already there. I just ordered a set, and plugged them up to the wiring that was already on the OEM wiring harness. There was even the pigtail to plug the switch which came with the fog lights into. Mine have bright running lights around the fogs that come on any time the key is turned on, and the inner part is the fog lights that come on when you turn the fog light switch on.

Got them from one of the sponsors of this forum, but don't recall exactly which one it was. Wiring diagram came with the lights showing which wires to plug them into, with wire colors, etc. They are not plugged into the customer circuit. I got a usb charger plugged in that.
    Last edited by Gwolf; 04-28-2023 at 07:08 AM.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

This is the standard setup for virtually all vehicles, cars included. Most of us want to use them for additional lighting not as true fog lights
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Thank You to all that replied. No solution yet.
    Looks like I have to tear into the wiring to find the "on" point for the fog lights.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Thank You to all that replied. No solution yet.
    Looks like I have to tear into the wiring to find the "on" point for the fog lights.
    It might be easier just to disconnect both the lights & the switch from the OEM wiring & install a completely separate A/mkt wiring loom with a relay triggered by the lo-beam lights going on when you start and then the switch instead of modifying the OEM wiring.... cos playing around with the OEM stuff juuust might cause other issues!

Mind you, there may also be Local, State, or National Laws &/or Regs that the OEM set-up has been designed to comply with, so it might be worth your while to check all that first.

Doing what you're suggesting in this thread is expressly forbidden here in Oz by our ADR's with a pretty wide range of potential penalties, including fines, defects, refusal of future registrations with penalties for driving/riding un-registered & un-insured (even if you've paid the fees & thought you were covered! ) and if you get sprung/reported more than once, possibly even the impounding &/or crushing of your vehicle!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-28-2023 at 11:10 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Haze -- I'm not familiar with F3 lighting but assuming the Hi/Lo beam fixture is separate from the Fog fixture. If so examine the Fog light AMP SuperSeal connector. Should be 3 pins. Pin 2 should be Blk. Pin 1 may be Gry/Grn. Pin 3 may be Gry/Bge. If so it might be possible to re-pin the connector (easy to do) for Always-On.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike