Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like a WARPED BRAKE ROTOR

Spyder Garage

Just reading through this. All the Kenda hate, sheesh! I’ll reiterate, ive owned two late model Bombardier products both shod with Kenda tires (Ryker, RTL Spyder). No problems with tires. As for the OP here, I liked the lug nut suggestion but, I’ll bet it's a balance issue with one of the front tires, which the OP probably won't check since he has two new dark side tires to install; yet if it was mine, I’d go back to the dealer for a few checks before buying new hoops. That said, the dealer I used for both purchases wouldn’t let a motorcycle or a trike go out the front door with the aforementioned problem.

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-01-2023 at 07:55 PM. Reason: ' 's ;-)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Fred alignment should NOT have anything to do with " amount of steering play " ..... the way the steering connection is made is why there is some play in it..... JMHO .... Mike
    never said there was anything wrong with my alignment... will see if i have wobble in handlebars with next ride with new tires, if i dont then, there you go, new tires no wobble,,
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fredgal View Post
    never said there was anything wrong with my alignment... will see if i have wobble in handlebars with next ride with new tires, if i dont then, there you go, new tires no wobble,,
    holy crap batman..lol... got out today with new quadtracs,, no wobble in handle-bars, zero... 100 % better handling, im speechless in how much better the bike rides,, and handles......
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In my case on my '17 RTL it was a tie rod/ball joint. It had been at the dealership for a month before they picked it up (in their words "the computer says everything is ok"). They really dont like hard ABS inducing braking (where the rear wheel gets airborn) at hi speed. If you've had one of these episodes chances are you damaged something in the front end. Go for a warranty check.
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I had the same problem on our 2022 RTL. Front brake rotor was warped at 2800 miles. Can AM wouldnt warranty said expendable part. I bought new EBC rotors, install myself problem solved.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Imc96 View Post
    I had the same problem on our 2022 RTL. Front brake rotor was warped at 2800 miles. Can AM wouldnt warranty said expendable part. I bought new EBC rotors, install myself problem solved.
    IMHO .... in your case they absolutely should have ..... Question - did you notice the WOBBLE when you first got the Spyder ????? ..... Mike