Spyder Garage

Default Another recall - 2022 Ryker sticky brake light actuator

Just got another recall letter for our 2022 Rykers.
    This one is a fix for a sticky brake light actuator that keeps the brake lights on even if the pedal isn't pressed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yep, got mine yesterday. Hate going back to dealer, an experience in misery and a lost day of life except for the ride, that's always fun.

Spyder Garage

Got the same one for my 20 RT. Dealer said parts may come in July,same time as front sprockets for that recall !
    2020RTL

Spyder Garage

Called my dealer on that. 2022 Sport. Immediately got an appointment for this Friday morning, April 28th. They told me 45 minutes at the most.

Think mine is just a different return spring. Actually a good incentive to return to the dealer. 3,000 miles and no issues. Just interested in the sport handgrips. Took delivery with those fat handgrips. They are painful to me trying to hold on to such fat things that slip so easily. I want something thin like the factory grips but with a more grippy feeling so I don't have to squeeze so hard.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    Called my dealer on that. 2022 Sport. Immediately got an appointment for this Friday morning, April 28th. They told me 45 minutes at the most.

Think mine is just a different return spring. Actually a good incentive to return to the dealer. 3,000 miles and no issues. Just interested in the sport handgrips. Took delivery with those fat handgrips. They are painful to me trying to hold on to such fat things that slip so easily. I want something thin like the factory grips but with a more grippy feeling so I don't have to squeeze so hard.
    I haven't looked lately, but I bought some friction tape grip stuff that I used on my helicopter throttle grip.

Spyder Garage

Got my recall notice yesterday ... but I had called them 2 weeks ago and they recently got the parts in.

I am scheduled to get the fix next week.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I noticed this issue when I took my Ryker off the lot. Two dealers told me I was crazy and it wasn't happening... then all of sudden this recall happens...
    2013 RS , Custom black and green