Spyder Garage

Default Is there a Factory Battery Tender Plug on 2014 RT Spyders?

I own a 2014RTS is there a factory battery tender plug on the spyder anywhere?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-24-2023 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post

Our 2014 RTL has the Battery Charger plug at the top of the "Frunk" where it hinges up at full open position. .... Unless someone moved it (???)
    2014 RTL bought in 3/20 with only 6,000 mi.
    Came with Garmin 660
    Car tires in 5/20; Elka stage 2 front shocks in 10/21

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
    If you're asking if it came from the factory with one, then the answer is no. I understand that "some" dealers did install them while others did not, but I wouldn't count on it.
    It's best for you to look and see for yourself.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

No factory battery tender on any Spyder I am aware of - these are added by a dealer or owner.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redrazor View Post
    Our 2014 RTL has the Battery Charger plug at the top of the "Frunk" where it hinges up at full open position. .... Unless someone moved it (???) [/SIZE]
    Read posts #3 #4 ...... & Mike

Spyder Garage

My dealership comped a Battery Tender Jr. as part of the OTD deal. The fused lead is directly from the battery and pokes its head out of the frunk liner zipper on the right side of the Spyder.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

As mentioned earlier, a few dealers install the tender lead to the batteries. If you do not find the lead, the install is easy. Just remove the frunk basket. That will expose the battery. Purchase a battery tender junior. That comes with the lead. Add the leads to the battery posts and run the plug out under the basket, coming out through the top. It can dangle in the frunk waiting to be used.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Page 150 in the operator's manual has the following note:
    NOTE: When fuse 6 is installed, 12 V power outlet is only operational when ignition switch is at ON position. When fuse 7 is installed, 12 V power outlet is always operational.
    If you leave the fuse in 6 and 7 blank, you can plug the tender into the power outlet in the trunk when the Spyder is turned off. I've done this for 11 years with no problems.
    Current: 2022 RTL SE6 Red Marsala and 2012 622 Trailer Lava Bronze,
    Previous: 2014 RTL SE6 Black Currant - 58,746 miles,
    2012 RTL SE5 Lava Bronze - 19,675 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    Page 150 in the operator's manual has the following note:
    NOTE: When fuse 6 is installed, 12 V power outlet is only operational when ignition switch is at ON position. When fuse 7 is installed, 12 V power outlet is always operational.
    If you leave the fuse in 6 and 7 blank, you can plug the tender into the power outlet in the trunk when the Spyder is turned off. I've done this for 11 years with no problems.
    I did the same thing on my 2013 RTL & on my current 2017 RTS. Easiest mod you will ever make.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic