Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Can anyone with 2013 ST Ltd shop manual copy pages for me?

Does anyone have a manual that they could copy a couple of pages out of for me? I changed the rear tire out on mine today and when I pulled the caliper off a flat washer fell out. I have looked at several OEM parts sellers illustrated parts breakdown (IPB) pages show and can't figure out where it came from. It fell off when I took the caliper off. My Spyder has the trailer hitch on it so some parts are slightly different and add on's aren't shown in IPB. I literately looked at every picture and found each part and compared it to what I have and pulled off. Nothing seems to match the washer that fell out. The washer is about the same size as the bolts that hold the rear caliper on, the IPB doesn't show washers being used under the bolts or as spacers. I'm thinking that it might have something to do with the trailer hitch that was added by the original owner. There is nothing in the IPB about it and its no longer sold by BRP to see the instructions. I'm hoping the manual will have some additional information.
    I need to see the rear caliper area and trailer hitch areas on the right side. It has another axle that goes through the original axle. It has a single washer on it and I'm thinking it might be from that.

PS I have a manual on order, I just want to find out what is going on to get it put back together.
    Thanks, James
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-23-2023 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

It was just one washer that fell out? Check to see if, or around the carrier of the caliper there isn't another washer stuck somewhere that would tell you, you have to make the other side the same way! that caliper has to be parallel with the surface of the rotor. This is just a wild guess, good luck!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Here is the PDF of the manual
    2013 Spyder ST-SE5
    US Army 1971-1973
    Army Guard 1990
    Air Guard 1991-2010

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RangerRick View Post
    Here is the PDF of the manual
    Thanks. I downloaded it and looked at all the pictures and it doesn't show any washers in any part that I pulled off to change the rear tire. I think someone added a couple extra washers when they had the bike apart to add the trailer hitch.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You really need to keep an eye on where the washer was so it gets put back on the same mounting bolt. It was put there to make the caliper even with the rotor. Sometime no washers, sometimes more.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's_Spyder View Post
    Thanks. I downloaded it and looked at all the pictures and it doesn't show any washers in any part that I pulled off to change the rear tire. I think someone added a couple extra washers when they had the bike apart to add the trailer hitch.
    Your welcome
    2013 Spyder ST-SE5
    US Army 1971-1973
    Army Guard 1990
    Air Guard 1991-2010

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup, that is a shim washer to make the caliper parallel to the rotor. Some Spyder have them, some don't.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green