Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Netflix movie mailing to end

I heard Sept. of this year. We enjoyed that service. Shrinking business I guess.

Spyder Garage

Streaming is taking over the DVD and rental markets for movies....
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    I heard Sept. of this year. We enjoyed that service. Shrinking business I guess.
    It was a great service when it first started. You could add unlimited movies to your list. We had the three movies out at a time deal. We would watch a movie and send it back. Within 2-3 days the next movie on our list would arrive. But as time went on Netflix began to throttle people who watched and returned movies too quickly. Suddenly your next movie was being sent from warehouses on the other side of the country. What used to take 2-3 days was now taking 5-6 days. The only good thing was return postage was already paid. In fact my local post office had a special box just for Netflix red envelopes. We finally cancelled the at home movie deal and stuck with the streaming service. Netflix still surprises with some great online movies.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Another former user here. The service was good at first...but then...

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    Streaming is taking over the DVD and rental markets for movies....
    Another way the technology challenged crowd is being left behind!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Another way the technology challenged crowd is being left behind!
    After seeing the trailers and reading the reviews on most if the newly released movies, I don't really mind being left behind. I would rather just pull out an old DVD of a movie made back in the 60s and 70s. I have a huge collection and almost every one of them was carefully selected over a time period of about 25 years. At first it was because high speed Internet was not available in my location. Now it is because I am watching the movies I like and enjoy as many times as I want to, and any time or place I want to. Also like the Asian Anime TV Series and many foreign movies that are not normally available for streaming. I have not had television in about 30 years. I do not have my sanity assaulted with commercials every 10 or 15 minutes when I watch movies or TV series on DVD. I have no need of the biased and sensationalized news reporting. I can find all that I need on the web, if I want to.

I am not technologically challenged, I am just very selective of what I allow to take up my time, and reject the subtle indoctrination and constant attempts to sell me things that I don't want or need.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver