Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    The ratings are relative scores against other tires tested in the same category. They are not stand alone measurements. The numbers cannot be directly compared between categories. Taken to an extreme, if what you are proposing were true, then a narrow all season truck tire vastly out performs all out sports car tires like Michelin Sport Cups with regard to wet and dry traction. Which we know is absolutely not the case.

Also as I have said, specific real world use ON A SPYDER I can tell you the ADVAN has significantly more dry traction than the Quatrac. Its not a small difference. Thy Yoko sticks and launches MUCH harder. I do not have real world comparisons in the rain, but do have lots of experience with the Yoko in the rain and hydroplaning is simply not a problem at any sane speed.
    Well I guess the tire testers at TIRE RACK are ignorant of this fact - even though they do comparisons of Different brands of tires on the SAME test vehicle. The fact that we use lighter weight Spyders is irrelevant ... Peter and I have done extensive research on what are the best PSI's to use in an Auto tire.... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-22-2023 at 07:40 PM. Reason: restore ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    We have installed MANY Yokohama ADVAN tires for the rear of Spyders. Much prefer them over the General or Vredestein because of the much better traction both wet and dry. Its a quality tire and Made in USA.
    What model Advan was that?