Spyder Garage

Default Sprocket replacement appointment set up

Got a call from my dealership today to advise me my sprocket replacement arrived. Will be bring my RT in on the 10th of May to have it replaced. Finally!!!
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I had an appointment to drop my 2018 RT off this morning at 0900 hrs. I decided to beat the rush and rode it the 75 miles yesterday afternoon followed by my wife to drop it off so they would have it first thing this morning. I expected it would take like a day. They open at 0900 hrs and at 1030 hrs they called to say it was ready. So I’ll be road tripping again tomorrow some time to pick it up.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Mine goes in next week. I could of had it done sooner, but had a shoulder replacement the end of February so I wanted to wait awhile since it is around 115 miles to the dealer with part of that mountain roads.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Have the temporary replacement on now, with the other one on order…
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I had read a few posts on here saying the Spyder had to sit overnight to allow to allow for epoxy or whatever they were using to set up, that's why I expected at least a 1 day delay in getting it back. So I was surprised when they called so quickly. I'll try to remember to ask if they had any trouble getting the old sprocket off. I've also read stories from folks talking about how hard it was in some cases for the shop to pull the old one off. But with the recall done, one less thing to think about.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Both of ours go in on the 23rd. We have been told that it takes about an hour to an hour and a half, just enough time to go for breakfast down the road.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

Congratulations. I had mine replaced last week. It took about 2 hours. Tech said it was the toughest he's encountered. 60+thousand miles on the odometer. Put too much air in the tires, but easily corrected.
    2015 RT SM6

Spyder Garage

Mine was changed out 2 weeks ago when I was in for an oil change. This one came off easy and there were no delays. I have noticed a different sound coming from the area of the sprocket. Nothing bad, just different.

LORD GRANT ME THE SENILITY TO FORGET THE PEOPLE I NEVER LIKED,
    THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUN INTO THE ONES I DO LIKE,
    AND THE EYE SIGHT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

2016 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

Default Sprocket replacement appointment

I called the closest Can Am Spyder dealer to me ( 2 hr ryde away) about 4 weeks ago to set up an appointment for the sprocket replacement.
    They called me yesterday to say they had a new sprocket for my Spyder. I have an appointment for May 25th to have it installed. They told me I could
    ryde it there and wait for it then ryde it home, since I don't have a trailer to haul it on ,that works for me. Wish me luck!
    Has anyone here used Midwest Sports Center in Festus Mo. to have your sprocket changed out. I have never been there before but they have good reviews online.
    I don't use dealers for regular maintenance as I do it myself and since I bought my Spyder used it has not been to a dealer in 3 yrs. I don't have any experience with the dealers they are closest to me, all a 1.5 to 2 hr ryde from home. Just hoping I choose a good Can Am Spyder dealer to do the sprocket recall change out.
    TIA for any opinions from other Spyderlovers on this site.
    Artie
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

Well picked up Spyder this morning. I asked if it was tough pull and the guy said not really. On the way home I stopped for gas and lo and behold there was a fella on a Ryker at the pump right in front of me. First one I saw this year. We chatted for a few minutes then I topped off an left. As an added bonus to the day when I got home I found my Lamonster Leather Like Grip had arrived so I lubed up my handlebar grips with hand sanitizer and rolled them on. The left was easier then the right but neither was really difficult. On top of that was beautiful weather, so pretty good day all the way around.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired