Spyder Garage

Default Does the Direction of Travel show on the Dash? 2019 F3 Ltd

Hello All
    On a 2019 F3 Limited, does the direction of travel show up on the dash? As in North, South, East, or West?

I thought for sure it used to be there, but do not see it now. I am really just looking for N, S, E, or W

Thank you for any help...

Roger
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-15-2023 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... Caps & ' 's too;-)

Spyder Garage

Mine doesn't have a compass. I sure wish it did.
    Thunder's just the noise. Lightning does the work.

Spyder Garage

The closest you can get is to install BRP Go! app on your cell and use a compatible app. I use Genius maps and you do get a rough direction indicator when you have the app on in BRP connect and your phone connected to the bike via the USB cable. It was a bit costly, but, it does show the maps on right side of my F3 LTD screen; and it also provides turn by turn direction if I set up a route. If I had to do it again, I am not sure I would buy the app as it is not easiest to set up a route using the left side control button. The one advantage is Genius Maps are all available in the app (you do not need an internet connection). The app also works on all my android devices without the BRP Go app. A lot of people just set up bluetooth from their phone and use Google maps.

- Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-15-2023 at 09:51 PM. Reason: one - on; I - it; +...;-)
    2019 F3 Unlimited , Oxford Blue Dark Edition

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nope it never had the N S E W on the dash but, as mentioned, you can have either GPS app open which will tell you how to get where you're going.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for the replies. I will stop making myself crazy looking for something that is not there.
    I will go with something on the phone
    Thanks again
    Roger

Spyder Garage

Just a thought... if you might not be looking at something as sophisticated... they offer clip-on-the-handle-bar compasses on various websites. I wanted one for a 2-wheeler I once had. I just googled "handle bar compass" and quite a number of hits came up. Not expensive either.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    Just a thought... if you might not be looking at something as sophisticated... they offer clip-on-the-handle-bar compasses on various websites. I wanted one for a 2-wheeler I once had. I just googled "handle bar compass" and quite a number of hits came up. Not expensive either.
    The magnetic field by the dash or in the handlebar area is so bad that I could NOT find any compass to register properly on my Spyder. I tried several different products ranging up to $50. Maybe some digital type might work........Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knizar View Post
    The magnetic field by the dash or in the handlebar area is so bad that I could NOT find any compass to register properly on my Spyder. I tried several different products ranging up to $50. Maybe some digital type might work........Bill
    Hhmm… interesting…. Thanks for the heads up..
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Roger, just curious…….what do you use the compass for? I have one that displays in my car, and turn it off as soon as I start it.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red