Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default What are these Symbols flashing in the background when logging onto the Forum??

What are these? Briefly while signing (navigating) into this site, never noticed them before. Two I think.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-10-2023 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

No idea unless you can tell us what they look like?? Possibly (and most likely ) something to do with your Device rather than the site itself; or maybe they could be some of the sponsors logo's flashing on the screen just after the Forum opens??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's on my home PC, appears nowhere else. Too fast to tell you what they are.

Spyder Garage

If it's only happening on that one device, then it's almost certainly 'device related' rather than 'site related', even if it's something that might be triggered by you logging onto this site.... your ad -blocker software maybe, or some other add-on??

Has anyone else got something similar occurring on one of their devices?? I use a few different devices most days, and none of those I use have anything 'briefly flashing while signing in', but maybe other members might have something similar??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, not a big deal only curious.

Spyder Garage

My Mac did that for a few months before the video card died.

But only when logging onto Springfield armory web site.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a device specific issue. I log in on at least 4 different devices. Never encountered what the OP describes.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Able to get a pic, it stayed on screen because I had a private message.
    Two actually display (same). Other to the left. (not in pic)
    20230417_064512.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-17-2023 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)

Spyder Garage

That symbol is displayed in place of whichever Sponsor's Logo's would normally appear there if your device was connected to the internet at the time your device painted up that page/display. It usually occurs if you open the Forum before your device is properly connected to the internet, but your device/system calls up the stored display details it has from the last Forum Cookie it saved anyway (which is at least partly why there are cookies in the guest place! ) but cos your device hasn't yet got any Sponsor Logo info to fill those spaces downloaded over the internet to put in those spots, it's showing you that 'no page' symbol to say it hasn't got any of that page/display to show you.... yet.

It's no biggie if that's only occurring when you turn on your device and then immediately open the Forum; your device & internet connection will usually catch up with the appropriate info in a moment or two & display it. But if you are already connected to the internet and have been doing things without any excessive internet delays, when all of a sudden you see that symbol appearing at the top of the Forum Home page, then your device's internet connection is either waaayyy slow or has been interrupted or lost for whatever reason. It's usually more of an issue if you're using a slow wifi connection, but it can happen with fixed line connections &/or bluetooth or direct satellite links too - IF they are slow &/or interrupted!

It's NOT a Forum issue per se, it's the Forum platform getting ahead of your device &/or its internet connections.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Appreciated. No issues and ordinarily it disappears quickly.