Spyder Garage

Default 2015 ST Limted horn not working - any ideas on where to look?

The horn on my 15 St Limted is not working. Cant find where the problem is dont think there is a fuse for it. Anybody have any ideas? Need to take a trip in 2 weeks.

Spyder Garage

Found the the fuse and it was blown replaced and the horn work for 2 days and now the fuse is blown replaced it with a 25 amp fuse and it blew again. Any suggestions??? Please help

Spyder Garage

Try first another horn..
    If the problem has not gone, check switch on handlebar

Greetings from germany
    2014 STS SE5 , circuit yellow (metallic)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Meadvillesypder View Post
    Found the the fuse and it was blown replaced and the horn work for 2 days and now the fuse is blown replaced it with a 25 amp fuse and it blew again. Any suggestions??? Please help
    What size was the original fuse?? 5 amps? 10 amps?? If it was anything smaller than about 22.5 amps, here's a suggestion - don't do that again, not unless you want to make an insurance claim for a burnt out & completely totalled Spyder Only now that you've posted up here telling the world that you've put in a bigger fuse once already, I don't think you'll get away with doing it again, not without a pretty high risk of an Insurance Fraud investigation anyway!

Anything bigger than about 10% over the original fuse capacity is probably going to be overloading the circuit, possibly also the wiring itself, and that risks significantly overheating things and having stuff happen like the entire length of the wiring loom catching on fire!! So instead of just fitting a bigger fuse & risking creating a really BAAAD situation, look for the problem - and make sure you look at everything else that runs on the same circuit & fuse too!! I'm reasonably sure that the horn isn't the only thing on that circuit, but pain levels are up & my forgettory is working overtime tonight so I'm stuffed if I can remember what it is right now - anyone else want to jump in??

But since your horn worked for a couple of days with the new/bigger fuse, it sorta suggests that you've got something like a loose connection or an occasional short somewhere, maybe from a rodent chewed wire?? So it sounds like you're going to need to carefully inspect the wiring, all the earths underneath the tupperware, & probably up the handlebars to the switch too. Sorry I can't be more specific, buuut

Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Meadvillesypder View Post
    The horn on my 15 St Limted is not working. Cant find where the problem is dont think there is a fuse for it. Anybody have any ideas? Need to take a trip in 2 weeks.
    Hey Meadville. Is Eddie's Footlongs open yet? On the 2015 ST, the heated grips also come off of that same fuse. Considering that it is heated grip weather around here, and how seldom we actually use the horn, I'd look into those, too.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238