Spyder Garage

Smile 2022 Ryker Sport - anyone had theirs remapped? Improve MPG?

Has anyone had their Ryker remapped. I had a remapping done on a quad a few years back and the MPG improved considerably. I was wondering would it be a good idea to have it done to my Ryker. Has anyone done this to their Ryker. Is is a good thing to do or is it a bad thing to do? Just wondering what people's thoughts on this are. 🤔
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-08-2023 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I also have a 2022 Ryker Sport

I have an Intake, catch can and exhaust with a tune. I got 170 miles on one tank. That was a mix of back roads and highway and getting on it. If it was all highway at speed, I'm sure it would have been closer to 200 miles.

Just a tune really cleans up these machines and makes them much more fun to ride.
    2013 RS , Custom black and green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix38 View Post
    I also have a 2022 Ryker Sport

I have an Intake, catch can and exhaust with a tune. I got 170 miles on one tank. That was a mix of back roads and highway and getting on it. If it was all highway at speed, I'm sure it would have been closer to 200 miles.

Just a tune really cleans up these machines and makes them much more fun to ride.
    How you do that?

My 22 Ryker Sport gets 31-33 mpg. Never any more. I ride speed limit and always in Eco mode. Often two-up but never aggressively, two-up or solo. Sure would be nice to know what mods and how to get them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    How you do that?

My 22 Ryker Sport gets 31-33 mpg. Never any more. I ride speed limit and always in Eco mode. Often two-up but never aggressively, two-up or solo. Sure would be nice to know what mods and how to get them.
    It was 100% topped off, I find that most people have a hard time actually filling the whole tank, hence less miles.

Here is my video that just came out explaining all about the mods and where I got them. I have discount codes for BLRtuning as well through my channel links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATOXPfY70qY

Spyder Garage

Agree with the "LOUD" at idle. That means horribly loud at 5,000 rpm or more cruising rpm's.

See the manifold, air intake and tuning changes needed. That's lots of equipment and expense but maybe not worth it just for fuel mileage. Personally I have no need for more power. Just wanting better fuel mileage and would not trade off if it comes with that obnoxious noise.

Saying that is kind of strange as I have Harleys since my first one in 1956. Still try to run my Fat Boy with 80,000 miles on it and a 2-1 Reinhart I put on 40 miles from new, leaving the dealer. Just love that Harley sound with most other motor sounds a big turn off.

Appreciate the information in your video and enjoyed your installation tips. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

It was 100% topped off, I find that most people have a hard time actually filling the whole tank, hence less miles.

Here is my video that just came out explaining all about the mods and where I got them. I have discount codes for BLRtuning as well through my channel links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATOXPfY70qY
    Thanks man. I wanna buy the Treal street exhaust (the "quiet" one) /dynojet package from BLR, now Ill save a few bucks. Subbed to your YT channel! Looks like you have the race muffler?
    Calling BLR tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    Agree with the "LOUD" at idle. That means horribly loud at 5,000 rpm or more cruising rpm's.

See the manifold, air intake and tuning changes needed. That's lots of equipment and expense but maybe not worth it just for fuel mileage. Personally I have no need for more power. Just wanting better fuel mileage and would not trade off if it comes with that obnoxious noise.

Saying that is kind of strange as I have Harleys since my first one in 1956. Still try to run my Fat Boy with 80,000 miles on it and a 2-1 Reinhart I put on 40 miles from new, leaving the dealer. Just love that Harley sound with most other motor sounds a big turn off.

Appreciate the information in your video and enjoyed your installation tips. Thanks.

You can get any exhaust you want. He's got a few to choose from that are tamer than the race exhaust.

Badmotorf1nger thank you for the support. I really appreciate. Let Bill know I sent you, he'll take care of you.

Spyder Garage

You can get any exhaust you want. He's got a few to choose from that are tamer than the race exhaust.

Badmotorf1nger thank you for the support. I really appreciate. Let Bill know I sent you, he'll take care of you.
    Will look into it a bit more. Do not want any more volume. Want to get rid of the catalyst and the extra weight of the factory muffler.

Spyder Garage

I ordered the Treal Street Exhaust w/ silencer, Dynojet PV3 & handlebar mount from Bill @ BLR today. He shipping it out today. Nice guy, very informative. If by chance my 23 ECU doesnt recognize the PV3 I can send my ECU to Dynojet & they will crack & have it back to me in a week. Hes gonna walk me through the PV3 install on the phone once I get it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Badmotorf1nger View Post
    I ordered the Treal Street Exhaust w/ silencer, Dynojet PV3 & handlebar mount from Bill @ BLR today. He shipping it out today. Nice guy, very informative. If by chance my 23 ECU doesnt recognize the PV3 I can send my ECU to Dynojet & they will crack & have it back to me in a week. Hes gonna walk me through the PV3 install on the phone once I get it.
    That's awesome, glad he could help you out. He's doing great things for the Ryker world.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-15-2023 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Caps & 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

That's awesome, glad he could help you out. He's doing great things for the Ryker world.
    So it turns out that my ECM (2023) is not supported by the PV3 yet. Discussed with Bill & I'm gonna pull it off the bike this weekend & send to Dynojet to get unlocked so I can upload my custom tune. No cost to me besides having the bike down for a few days.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-15-2023 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display & added "I'm"... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Was sick for a bit so delayed sending out the ECM to dynojet, just spent an hour & half removing it from the bike & dropped off at Fedex. Was definitely a bit of a PIA even following the service manual procedure. One screw you have to go blind on & then figuring which zip ties to cut to get enough slack in the harness. Looking forward to being able to use my custom tune.

345674832_1400383130534391_8336871610348140119_n.jpg

345690250_255417810231004_7266798313015864229_n.jpg

345680406_758631155895104_3854611309927985763_n.jpg

345690852_476596211309194_2563336361085258698_n.jpg

Spyder Garage

Update? I'd spend the money for a tune if it'd result in better mileage.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greer View Post
    Update? I'd spend the money for a tune if it'd result in better mileage.

Sarah
    It did for me!

Well, only when I wasn't fully exercising the extremes of the improved performance, but certainly for all my 'normal riding' and cruising on trips etc.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Can you share a few of the details, Peter? Or point me to a link? Thanks!

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Since you're in North America, just search on 'Monster' or 'Wick-it', there's contact details aplenty and a LOT of discussion here about these, with quite a few comments on how the ECU Upgrades actually improve your fuel economy during 'normal riding' while still offering you access at the twist of the throttle to your chosen level of pretty flash performance improvements, all within the maintenance, safety, and reliability limits of these engines as they've been used & proven in other applications, including some motorcycles! Those 2 are each offering a couple of what is effectively the same range ECU Upgrades over there; while here in Oz, the guy to go to is Jase from ECUXtreme & Rotax Racing, who is the bloke who did mine.

It might be a bit of a pain getting this done & sorted properly, but once done, I doubt very much that you'll ever regret it!! And if you do the 'send it off & get it done properly' thing, then it'll never be over-written & is extremely unlikely to ever be detected too, except that maybe the significantly better performance on tap &/or the improved fuel economy for normal riding might juuuust make some techs a tad suspicious!?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thank you, Peter. Whew, I'll be in the weeds here in no time flat, but the way I understand it there are vendors offering fuel tuners and then there are vendors offering ECU re-flashes. You had your RT's ECU re-flashed, Badmotorf1nger is having their fueling tuned. I'll do more reading.... Thanks again!

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greer View Post
    Thank you, Peter. Whew, I'll be in the weeds here in no time flat, but the way I understand it there are vendors offering fuel tuners and then there are vendors offering ECU re-flashes. You had your RT's ECU re-flashed, Badmotorf1nger is having their fueling tuned. I'll do more reading.... Thanks again!

Sarah
    Sarah

Im had my ECU reflashed as well with a whole new tune (fuel tables, torque management, throttle response etc etc) but mine is done via a Dynojet PV3 tuner which I purchased. This means I can upload new tunes or go back to stock tune whenever I want.

You hook up the PV3 device to the diagnostic port on the bike, and upload different files to the ECU. You can also use the PV3 as a multigauge cluster on the bike, create datalog files, read & clear trouble codes & some other features. My tuner emails me the files which I then copy onto the PV3 like a USB thumb drive & upload to the bike.

Im assuming Peter had his tuned the old fashioned way where you physically remove the ECU from the bike & mail it to the tuner to reflash it. So if he wanted to go back to stock or get a new tune down the road he would need to remove his ecu & ship it to the tuning company again.

I have been getting cars tuned for almost 20 years after I installed performance upgrades, but it was almost always in person on a dyno machine at the tuners shop. This way they can see exactly what changes are making safe, proven power gains. They usually do a "street" tune after for drivability. I dont know any Ryker tuners in my area (NY) so I went with BLR tuning who has a good rep, but they are in Vancouver so no in person tuning session.

Not sure what year your Ryker is , but since Im the first person in the world to get a 2023 tuned we are finding the tunes are causing a lot of problems with the VSS system kicking in when it shouldnt. Sucks being the guinea pig sometimes, but hopefully we will figure it out. So right now I flashed my ECU back to stock until the kinks get worked out. Thats one benefit of having a Dynojet PV3 device. I can go back to stock in 10 minutes in my garage with a few presses of a button.

Spyder Garage

^^^ Thank you for the update and that clear explanation!! I'll sit tight and wait and see. Good luck and thanks again.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport