Spyder Garage

Default Running LED lights & std lights in-line - need resistors or what?

I have mounted some LED stripes on the bars that go out to the wheels in front...

stripe lights.jpg

Kind of like the pic, except I just tapped into the wires for the turn signal for the yellow and the wire for the running light.

My LED strip has both yellow and white LEDs, if the turn signal is on, they are yellow; otherwise, they are just running lights. My fender running light just stays white no matter what, just the spar lights change.

My issue is that the strip lights are LED but the turning light on the bike is incandescent, so I get kind of a funky blinking pattern.

They work, it's just not exactly right. I am assuming I need to add some resistor in-line or something... I am guessing here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-02-2023 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Glad they work1/2 problem out of way(majority for most). What did whoever you got leds from say? Some have extra modules, some just don’t like the newer year models.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Normally LED and regular bulbs do not work and you must add a resister. They do make aftermarket resister and you can find them in the LED bulb section at AUTOZONE.
    I used SlingMods and LaMonster Garage auxiliary and strip lighting and they makes plug and play systems with additional multi light connectors.
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Glad they work1/2 problem out of way(majority for most). What did whoever you got leds from say? Some have extra modules, some just don’t like the newer year models.
    aliexpress didnt have much to say lol

honestly I didnt even think about the led --> incandescent. duh!

the missus who is a former mechanic instantly recognized it but I dont know what resister to use. I will take a short video of the action and post it.

thank you all.