Spyder Garage

Default No hitches (except BRP)

Talked to my dealer today about a hitch for my '09. They said BRP will not allow them to install anything. Apparently, if you want a trailer, you need to buy a new bike and an RT.

Is this typical for dealers? They are nice enough about it but I just wondered if all manufacturers make this statement about their bikes including Honda and BMW. I have never even asked on any other bike I have owned.
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dochands View Post
    Talked to my dealer today about a hitch for my '09. They said BRP will not allow them to install anything. Apparently, if you want a trailer, you need to buy a new bike and an RT.

Is this typical for dealers? They are nice enough about it but I just wondered if all manufacturers make this statement about their bikes including Honda and BMW. I have never even asked on any other bike I have owned.
    I think this will vary from dealer to dealer. They like to put "No" off onto the manufacturer or their insurance company or whoever they can think of at the time. That makes them the good guys and someone else the bad guys.

Look around. You should be able to find someone that can do the install for you.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

With the current state of our nation, where someone will sue anyone at the drop of a hat if they see "deep pockets", one can hardly blame a dealer for choosing not to do a modification that by it's very nature, can change the riding characteristics of the Spyder. I've pulled trailers since 1990 & have well over 100k miles doing it behind Goldwings, but it's a risk i choose & would not sue someone if I find myself in trouble because of the handling issues created by the trailer.

The hitch should come with installation instructions. Take a look at them & you might find the install is within your capabilities. If you're not comfortable with doing it yourself, see if any of your biker friends that work on their own bike would be interested in "helping" you do it. (in other words, get them to do it for you!)
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If you have a hitch and there is a warranty question call it a parade flag holder many HD people have done this.

Spyder Garage

lol. I love a parade. lol
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black