Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

On my 2013 Spyder, the City setting works great; but in Sports mode, if I crank the throttle wide open it bogs down like it's getting too much air and not enough fuel. So I leave it in City mode, which is plenty good, 'cause if I crank the throttle wide open, it goes like a Bat out of H with no delay in throttle response. And yes, I have a new fuel filter on it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-29-2023 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)
    2013 Spyder ST-SE5
    US Army 1971-1973
    Army Guard 1990
    Air Guard 1991-2010

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kj2364 View Post
    Yeah I didn't phrase that very well. The commander and the pedalbox+ both allow control from their free app. Just wondering if one app is better than the other.
    I have the pedal commander and the pedal box (not the +). The pedal commander comes standard with the app controls and it works great (although I never use it). Due to the reason that I do not use the app, I chose the standard pedal box for the RTL only because it was about $20 cheaper, delivered. If you get the pedal box +, you will pay more. If i wanted the app, I would go with the pedal commander and save a few bucks, simply because the app is free with the device.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Thanks. Ordered the PC. $250 + tax with PC50 code.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kj2364 View Post
    Thanks. Ordered the PC. $250 + tax with PC50 code.
    Where did you get it i tried the code on Slingmods it didn't work.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RangerRick View Post
    On my 2013 Spyder, the City setting works great; but in Sports mode, if I crank the throttle wide open it bogs down like it's getting too much air and not enough fuel. So I leave it in City mode, which is plenty good, 'cause if I crank the throttle wide open, it goes like a Bat out of H with no delay in throttle response. And yes, I have a new fuel filter on it.
    Yeah, same here, Rick……Running mine in City +1 achieves my goal of removing the “bogging down” when grabbing a handful of throttle if you find yourself in too high a gear. (Of course, I did try Sport + mode a couple of times……holy cow )

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    “Approved device”, YPILOT? Approved by who? Certainly not by BRP

Pete
    Hey Pete, Your absolutely right, BRP doesn’t approve aftermarket equipment of any type.
    Tires, oil, oil filters, air filters, exhaust, etc. so that’s irrelevant
    However it seems as though every one who has one approves of it but more importantly please check out the website for a list of certifications. The best part they aren’t illegal and will not harm your machine!

https://pedalcommander.com/

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by helton61 View Post
    Where did you get it i tried the code on Slingmods it didn't work.
    That's where I got it. Code worked for me a couple days ago.

Spyder Garage

I have the Pedal Commander on my 2020 F3-S. I also have the Monster Performance Stage 2 tune. After trying all the settings on the PC, I have settled on City mode +2. This gives me the fast throttle response without being too twitchy. I use Eco mode on the bike if I want a slower throttle response. The PC really helps the performance feel and response of the engine at slower RPMs. Above 4500 to 5000 RPM is where the Stage 2 tune really shows itself. This bike now screams when you want it to.

My Mods:
    Elka Stage 5 rear shock with spring preload adjust
    Monster Stage 2 ECU
    Pedal Commander
    RLS cat delete
    Baja Ron sway bar
    Baker Air Wings upper and lower
    Viking saddle bags
    Third pegs
    Vredestein tires front and rear
    Mad Stad windshield
    X-creen windshield deflector
    Front and rear drive cam
    Garmin Zumo XT
    Heated gear wiring
    Lamonster LED headlights
    Lamonster LED foglights
    Lamonster frame mount cupholder
    BRP heated handgrips
    Lamonster drivers backrest
    BRP passenger backrest
    Lidlock handlebar end helmet locks
    Barkbusters Storm handguards
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Spyder Garage

Running mine in City +1 achieves my goal of removing the “bogging down” when grabbing a handful of throttle if you find yourself in too high a gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabbadabbadoo View Post
    After trying all the settings on the PC, I have settled on City mode +2.
    City mode +2 for me.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by YPILOT View Post
    Hey Pete, Your absolutely right, BRP doesn’t approve aftermarket equipment of any type.
    Tires, oil, oil filters, air filters, exhaust, etc. so that’s irrelevant
    However it seems as though every one who has one approves of it but more importantly please check out the website for a list of certifications. The best part they aren’t illegal and will not harm your machine!

https://pedalcommander.com/
    Thanks YPILOT……I just didn’t want any newbies figuring this was a “BRP approved” option, which may prove an issue later.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yabbadabbadoo View Post
    I have the Pedal Commander on my 2020 F3-S. I also have the Monster Performance Stage 2 tune. After trying all the settings on the PC, I have settled on City mode +2. This gives me the fast throttle response without being too twitchy. I use Eco mode on the bike if I want a slower throttle response. The PC really helps the performance feel and response of the engine at slower RPMs. Above 4500 to 5000 RPM is where the Stage 2 tune really shows itself. This bike now screams when you want it to.
    It’s interesting that you use both, Yabba. I found that the Stage 2 tune on my ‘16 F3, among other things, completely addressed the throttle lag issue (that was one of its advertised benefits), and woke the F3 right up. It performed exactly the same lag removal as my Pedal Commander has done on my ‘21 RT without the tune. I am very surprised that you need both.

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 03-31-2023 at 02:53 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

It’s interesting that you use both, Yabba. I found that the Stage 2 tune on my ‘16 F3, among other things, completely addressed the throttle lag issue (that was one of its advertised benefits), and woke the F3 right up. It performed exactly the same lag removal as my Pedal Commander has done on my ‘21 RT without the tune. I am very surprised that you need both.

Pete
    Pete, if your '16 F3's tune was from Jase, I'm not at all surprised at that!!

I've become convinced that regardless of it being a 'Stage 1 or 2' tune, the tunes that we get from him here in Oz have somewhat more of a wider scope of improvement than those they're getting in North America... I've ridden a few NA tuned machines now (both Stages & a variety of providers amongst them ) as well as more 'Jase tuned' Spyders than just mine, and I'm always surprised at how different the NA tuned machines are, regardless of the 'stage' &/or other mods... and that 'different' is not in an 'astounding performance improvement' way either!! So I can understand how the improved response from a Pedal Commander would still be a desirable addition & upgrade for many over there; and just not so much of a need or want after an ECU Upgrade by Jase over here.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-31-2023 at 04:53 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Ahhhhhhh interesting, Peter. Yes, I have not ridden on any Spyder with other than Jase’s tune. That sounds very plausible

I would have gone with Jase again except I don’t trust AusPost any more after they lost 2 packages. One was found after a month and the other is still lost. I am certainly not prepared to entrust my ECM to them. Imagine the work involved in sourcing and installing a new ECM, especially as I am many hours from a dealer.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Pete
    I didn't actually NEED both. The Monster Stage 2 tune improved the throttle response, especially in Sport mode. But after a year of hearing all the benefits of the PC Or Pedal Box I was intrigued and gave in and bought the PC when it was on sale. I'm glad I did, it makes a real difference. I also have the MyGenius device so I can change my EC tuning between stock, Stage 1 and Stage 2 whenever I want. I run it in Stage 2 most of the time. I changed it to Stage 1 before a long trip to Canada where I wasn't sure if I could get Premium gas in remote areas.
    I'm pleased to read on here that others are also settling on City +1 or +2. It's a validation of sorts that I'm not crazy!

My Mods:
    Elka Stage 5 rear shock with spring preload adjust
    Monster Stage 2 ECU
    Pedal Commander
    RLS cat delete
    Baja Ron sway bar
    Baker Air Wings upper and lower
    Viking saddle bags
    Third pegs
    Vredestein tires front and rear
    Mad Stad windshield
    X-creen windshield deflector
    Front and rear drive cam
    Garmin Zumo XT
    Heated gear wiring
    Lamonster LED headlights
    Lamonster LED foglights
    Lamonster frame mount cupholder
    BRP heated handgrips
    Lamonster drivers backrest
    BRP passenger backrest
    Lidlock handlebar end helmet locks
    Barkbusters Storm handguards
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Spyder Garage

Installed the Pedalbox Pro which is bluetooth so no wires or mounting to my bars. Tried it out the other day in sport mode and boy what a difference. I may try the sport+ mode just to see what its got.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    City mode +2 for me.
    Dittos. City Mode +2. And I notice in Eco Mode there is smother response from a dead stop, and smoother gear shifts with steady throttle.

N.B. In any mode, half to wide open throttle summons all the available power, regardless of Pedal Commander settings.
    Ride safe; shiny side up, greasy side down.

best,
    linguine

2020 RT Limited , Chalk Gray

Spyder Garage

I bought a Pedal Box+ first then a few hundred miles later added a stage 2 tune. IMO the stage 2 lessened the need for the Pedal Box, but didn't eliminate it. I find my preferred Pedal Box setting to be "less" with the stage 2 tune than it was without it - but I still prefer the Pedal Box to be enabled (actual setting varies based on if I'm wanting to ride sporty or 2-up cruising). And I find it optimal to have both as I can still change the Pedal Box setting and get an even sportier response when desired.

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Baja Ron....thank you soooo much for this thread. Reading all of these posts has shown me WHY THIS 80 YEAR OLD does NOT require a Pedal Box or a Pedal Commander or even a Stage 1 or 2. I find that THIS NEED FOR SPEED has diminished greatly. My ‘14 RTS with minor farkles is more than I need. I’m not to the electric sidewalk scooters yet, however, the posted speed limit is all that I need or want. I avoid the freeways as much as possible, because of all the racing fanatics out there, and I find that in most cases I get to my destination within 15 - 20 minutes of the racers. just another slant on the subject from a senior!

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Default Love it!

Installed on my '13 RTL two weeks ago. I love it. I got the bluetooth model and mounted the controller under the seat. Bluetooth works great. The biggest thing for me is getting muscle memory retuned for it. When your wrist get used to moving a certain amount, it takes a bit to reprogram!
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Spyder Garage

I agree about the not being a speed freak, but the pedal controllers would sure make life better when needing to pass someone on the highway.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

I was tired of having to constantly change wrist/grip position on the sloppy OEM throttle. The Pedal Box in Sport mode has removed that problem for me.
    2016 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

I have the PedalBox. I started the bike yesterday and got a Limp Mode message. Ended up recalibrating the throttle and it went away. Is this going to be an issue with this thing? I like the pep it has but don't want to have to deal with constantly deal with it going into Limp mode.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I want to thank the person who mentioned about turning off the PC while loading into a trailer. Good deal!
    Adj removable backrest, KOTT radiator screens
    Double horn (118db), Lamonster mirror fix
    tender plug in, luggage liner/bags, FOBO 2
    Drinks2go cup holder, replaced the seat strut
    Garmin DriveSmart 71 GPS, Garmin BC 30 backup camera.
    White pulley, Pedal Commander
    Laminar Lip- looks fonky but works.
    J&M 2003 CB installed
    Home made belt guard
    7x12 enclosed trailer

2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic

Skip H.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    I have the PedalBox. I started the bike yesterday and got a Limp Mode message. Ended up recalibrating the throttle and it went away. Is this going to be an issue with this thing? I like the pep it has but don't want to have to deal with constantly deal with it going into Limp mode.
    That occurred not far from home after I fitted it. I reset it and seems to work fine now so far.
    2017 F3 Ltd

Spyder Garage

Is there an installation video available for PedalBox installation in RTL 2017?