Spyder Garage

Default Need a Rear Shocker for 2012 Spyder RS - any suggestions?

The rear shocker on my 2012 RS collapsed a few days ago. It's #706000699 but no one in Australia, US or anywhere an eBay has one. What is a reasonably priced replacement? Is the shocker a standard size (i.e. size used on other vehicles)?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-07-2023 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    ɹəpunuʍop ɯoɹɟ oʞɔıp

Spyder Garage

Try contacting IKON Suspension in Albury, dicko. I've sent a few Ozzies that way with some success lately, altho if you tell them that Peter Aawen from SpyderLovers or OzSpyderRyders recommended them, they'll most likely just say 'Who?'

They do some pretty good Spyder suspension replacement units, at least as good if not better than much of the more expensive a/mkt gear you can get in Oz; they're just up the road a bit from you; and they'll likely have something that'll significantly improve your ride & handling over the OEM gear; only you might need to talk to them rather than just rely on their website now that your Spyder is no longer a current model; & they REALLY know what they're on about!

There's others here in Oz who'll make exactly what you want too, but I don't think there's anyone closer to you who knows Spyders quite so well as IKON.

https://www.ikonsuspension.com/
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Try this mob too perhaps. They may have cheaper options.

https://suspensionsrus.com.au/road-m...ge-2-rear.html

When you say 'collapsed' what actually happened?
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    Try this mob too perhaps. They may have cheaper options.

https://suspensionsrus.com.au/road-m...ge-2-rear.html

When you say 'collapsed' what actually happened?
    I really meant sprung a leak. The rear-end has been bouncing around a bit. Bouncing it up and down by hand never indicated anything wrong with the suspension. A few days ago it was bouncing all over the place. The seal at the top had popped off so I was bouncing along on the spring only. Could even bounce by hand when stopped. Have made inquiries about getting it re-conditioned.

The ELKA showed up in my searching. Tad expensive. Some others showed up and nothing basically under AU$1000. The BRP catalogue shows $119 but totally unavailable.
    Last edited by dicko; 03-27-2023 at 11:42 PM.
    ɹəpunuʍop ɯoɹɟ oʞɔıp

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Try contacting IKON Suspension in Albury, dicko. I've sent a few Ozzies that way with some success lately, altho if you tell them that Peter Aawen from SpyderLovers or OzSpyderRyders recommended them, they'll most likely just say 'Who?'

They do some pretty good Spyder suspension replacement units, at least as good if not better than much of the more expensive a/mkt gear you can get in Oz; they're just up the road a bit from you; and they'll likely have something that'll significantly improve your ride & handling over the OEM gear; only you might need to talk to them rather than just rely on their website now that your Spyder is no longer a current model; & they REALLY know what they're on about!

There's others here in Oz who'll make exactly what you want too, but I don't think there's anyone closer to you who knows Spyders quite so well as IKON.

https://www.ikonsuspension.com/
    Thanks Peter. What was handy was the part-number. I searched that on the internet for comments and came up with this forum. Pogo (whom I've met a few times) was talking about one.
    ɹəpunuʍop ɯoɹɟ oʞɔıp

Spyder Garage

I ended up fitting a Hyperpro Emulsion - Mono Type 460. AU$900 delivered. The ELKA was AU$1550 delivered. The others I looked up were not actually made / available anymore. BRP (AU) didn't even answer any of my emails.
    It arrived days before estimated as delivery time included it being assembled.
    Appears to be a universal shock whose parts were already in stock.
    Easy to fit. Just haven't set the adjustments properly yet. Haven't tried the trailer at all.
    ɹəpunuʍop ɯoɹɟ oʞɔıp