Spyder Garage

Default What's this plug and switch at top of frunk for?

Hey everyone! Greetings from Vermont! Wife and I just got our ‘21 F3 limited chrome. Beautiful bike. After all our years and miles on our ‘12 RSS SE5, this is going to be epic. The previous owner had extra LED lights installed and only one side worked. I pulled the front bucket and found the fuse box from “Show Chrome”. They all looked good. I found one line that was corroded a bit and cleaned it and now both left and right Under Glow lights work. I have a plug and a switch shown in the pic that seem to go to the LED light strip at the front of the frunk under the lid. To me it doesn't make sense, but what do I know? Just trying to get that light strip working. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated! Thanks in advance…….Todd
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-27-2023 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

The "plug" is probably for your battery tender. Follow the wire and see if it goes to your battery. Remove the four, corner plastic plugs on your frunk bucket and remove it. There's also another plastic piece at the top end of the bucket that needs removed. You'll find your battery there.

As far as the switch, when it's dark out start your Spyder, press the switch and see what happens.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I took the basket out already and do believe the plug is for a battery tender. Won’t fit my optimate plug but that’s fine. The switch is what’s the confusing part as it leads to that led light strip at front of trunk. Try to get pic up……….and I have removed the fuse box covers to check them. Fuse box in the middle is the “show chrome” box.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Green....the led strip I had on my ryker also had that manual kill switch for the led light strip....but to turn on the lights and change the colors u had to use the remote which came with it.
    2021 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Exactly as stated above. The switch is part of the front led strip under the lip of the frunk lid and is from TricLED. I installed one of these for a friend last weekend. What I don't like about this item is that the main control unit is wired hot to the battery and is simply waiting for input from the remote control. You can use that switch to kill the unit completely, but what a PITA. If you do not have the remote, I'd strongly suggest you remove the wires for this light from the battery since you cannot use it without the remote, and you cannot tell if the switch is on or off. The other plug IS for your battery tender.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red