Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Experience is an Experience - Recommend you go if you can!

So, this past Friday I visited a shop and participated in the Can Am Experience.
    The event wasn't as big as expected(meaning I didn't see a lot of people there). Maybe they were there before or after me.
    Anyway, I spoke to the BRP rep for a few minutes regarding the machines that were there. They brought all '23 models - 1 Ryker Rally, 2 RTLs, 1 RT, 1 S2S, and a F3L Special. I pondered on which machine to ride. I was really thinking I'd hop on the S2S, but the rep convinced me to go with the F3L. So, we took a group ride that lasted about an hour or so. It was my 1st time operating an F3 since my 3-wheel course.
    I must admit that it was fun to ride. It had a little more pep in it's step and sounded more aggressive than my RT.
    I can see why people really like this machine. I'm still an RT guy and don't have any desire to swap to the F3, but if I felt like buying a 2nd machine, I'd definitely consider one. Especially if its an EV Yeah Yeah YEAH....the growl would be artificial. I don't care about that, I prefer the quieter RT anyway. It just seems like a fun idea for short-mid length ride.

If you have the opportunity to participate in the Can AM Experience, I'd recommend it. Especially, if you're trying to get a decent test ride on a model you have your eye on.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

i participated in one last year and had an hour ride on a base RT... and then the dealer let my take out a pre-owned f3L for a ride... it confirmed for me that the f3 platform was for me. It just felt better in the saddle and let me keep my legs further forward. Plus it was a hot day and the RT windshield blocked out nearly all the wind no matter what setting i had it on. F3 for me RT for you... glad they make both!

Spyder Garage

It's all about "different strokes for different folks." I was a dyed in the wool RT owner. Have had three RT's total. Now I prefer the F3L platform. Have two of them.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I recently purchased a new to me 2020 RTL and sold my F3L.

I think the F3L was much more fun to ride but my knees thank me as the RT is easier to get off the bike.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I switched from an F3L to an RT base. I have ridden the F3L a little over 700 miles in one day and the butt was not liking it , even with the Gel seat I installed . I bought the 21 RT base and rode it over 900 miles in one day , and it was a way better seat (stock) then the F3L. But I do miss the sound of the F3l when you open the throttle.

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

Im going Thursday. Hope to ride a Ryker since I've never done anything more that sat on one. If I can Ill ride one of the newm F3's and a RT if I can.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

There is another event not too far from me that I may attend to test a ryker.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    There is another event not too far from me that I may attend to test a ryker.
    you may as well. It's free and a fun way to kill some time.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    i participated in one last year and had an hour ride on a base RT... and then the dealer let my take out a pre-owned f3L for a ride... it confirmed for me that the f3 platform was for me. It just felt better in the saddle and let me keep my legs further forward. Plus it was a hot day and the RT windshield blocked out nearly all the wind no matter what setting i had it on. F3 for me RT for you... glad they make both!
    If the RT wasn't available, I'd gladly ride the F3. They're both great machines
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic