Spyder Garage

Default Big thanks to everyone for the great advice and ideas...

It's 10 years since my last Spyder and the past few weeks of trying to catch up here on what's new and then on what-to-do, and how, have been a great refresher ryde, so thanks to everyone who's shared their knowledge and experiences on this forum.

Today was Day 1 with a new-to-me 2017 Spyder RTL in the garage so I spent some time cleaning and prepping both it and myself for getting back on the road once winter is finally over.

Two simple things that had me stumped today that I was able to get answered here were how to get a license plate unbolted and what the wiring under the seat pan that goes into the passenger's seat is for. Nothing really make-it-or-it-break in the big sense, but I'm a bit of a details guy for small things that hopefully make the big ones more manageable.

Lessez les bon temps roulez 047E43FC-BC74-4163-BB97-9515257ECF34.jpg
    Last edited by RodO; 03-26-2023 at 06:57 PM.

Ryde safe,
    Rod.

'08 GS SM5 Full Moon -- after 15,000km sold May'11
    '10 RT A+C SE5 Full Moon -- after 30,700km traded in 2014
    '17 RTL Pearl White -- new-to-me in 2023

"I guess its better to bend a valve in Missoula than to lose your mind in Bozeman", my wife said, patting my hand as if to console me. I winced and wondered if Phaedrus ever took the bus." -Peter Egan, Leanings

CanAm Highway goes from Texas along U.S. Route 85 and Interstate 25 into Saskatchewan, Canada.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CanAm_Highway>

Spyder Garage

And welcome back, just remember, it's just nuts and bolts, and don't over think it! Have Fun!!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

On my 2019 RTL, and on my 2014 ST, the back end of the license plate bolt is accessible from under the rear fender/fender extension/whatever you want to call it.

The wire to the passenger seat goes to a contact switch that tells Nanny you are riding two-up. In turn this calls up some alternate throttle/braking/safety control parameters in the computer.

Bob
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome