Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Still no sprockets at either dealer close to me.
    They both insist the recall is for a remove, inspect, moly lube the splines and reassemble.
    I'm one step away from being done with CanAm, period.
    Lousy communication, refusal to honor extended warranty, lousy repair techs. It's a ship show for sure.
    CanAM can and should do better.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carbonation View Post
    Still no sprockets at either dealer close to me.
    They both insist the recall is for a remove, inspect, moly lube the splines and reassemble.
    I'm one step away from being done with CanAm, period.
    Lousy communication, refusal to honor extended warranty, lousy repair techs. It's a ship show for sure.
    CanAM can and should do better.
    Those dealers you have approached need to get their heads out of their “a-s”, Carbonation. If they are registered CanAm dealers, they would have received notification from BRP of the new 2 piece sprocket and Loctite install procedures sometime in December. We can blame BRP for lots of failings, but a poor service department is solely a dealer responsibility. Have a hunt through the sprocket replacement threads on here and you should find copies of the BRP instructions to dealers. Send the dealers a copy (or take it in to them), and ask why they claim they haven’t seen this bulletin to all dealers when it is publicly available…….and then go somewhere else to get your sprocket done, because the quality of their work would have to be very questionable

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

April 20, 2023, 76 days later I picked up my bike. I had to pay $733.68 for a new drive belt. Two things among others I learned in the military. Attention to detail and never say anything you don't want to see again later in writing. I believe the belt was out of alignment and proper tension since the rear tire was installed at this dealer. On April 4, 2023, my dealer blamed me for ruining the belt. He said, "I don't know what you did to the front sprocket," and "Are you a Can Am mechanic." He said, "I've had enough of you. I'm just going to put it back together and you can go to some other dealer to have it fixed." (Knowing that if he put it back together with a new belt on the old sprocket, it would ruin the belt). He didn't do that though. He said, "Since day one, I've had a problem with you. You gave me a bad review on a CSI...." I don't even remember that, but if I did give him a bad review, it was the truth. It was probably the time his mechanic left the bolt off my brake pedal after having put the brake extension on. Attention to detail. If I knew he harbored ill feelings towards me since "day one," I never would have gone back. Plus, he could have taken corrective action to remedy the situation. Any good business person should know how to establish a good customer/dealer relationship. I never touched the front sprocket. All I did was attempt to "dial in" the proper alignment to the belt, but it wouldn't align. When I turned the bike in, I didn't see or notice any damage to the belt. It looked ok to me. I know this rant would probably raise more questions. Anyway, I will never set foot in that dealership again and I am contemplating selling my F3.
    Last edited by deer30084; 04-21-2023 at 12:52 PM.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

For what it's worth, I had a dealer issue and contacted BRP. I received a phone call from the BRP customer service people and was told "Dealers are independent businesses, we don't really control what they do", well, crappy dealers are destroying your brand's reputation. I'd think that BRP has some leverage to force bad dealers into compliance.
    Scott (slhanks004)
    Gilbert, AZ USA

2022 Spyder RT Limited - Carbon Black
    • Pedal commander
    • Baja Ron sway bar
    • TricLED tail lights
    • TricLED driving lights
    • Corbin seat
    • BRP rider backrest
    • Lamonster topcuff (2) w/ RAM mounts
    • 12v/USB docking station
    • Garmin Zumo XT
    • RLS cat delete pipe
    • IPS highway pegs
    • IPS belt tensioner
    2022 RT-L , Carbon black

Spyder Garage

I have had a much different experience with the dealer I go to, who did my initial inspection on the sprocket on my 2018 RTL last fall (it was fine) while I waited about an hour, ordered my replacement and when I called this spring had it waiting for me, installed it and an oil change along with a full inspection of brakes and tires etc., while I waited, in about 2 hours. It's a 500km round trip for me to this dealer (Lockhart's Odyssey) but worth it ... closer dealer in Sarnia got my business once and never again. When you find a good competant dealer... worth the drive!!

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    April 20, 2023, 76 days later I picked up my bike. I had to pay $733.68 for a new drive belt. Two things among others I learned in the military. Attention to detail and never say anything you don't want to see again later in writing. I believe the belt was out of alignment and proper tension since the rear tire was installed at this dealer. On April 4, 2023, my dealer blamed me for ruining the belt. He said, "I don't know what you did to the front sprocket," and "Are you a Can Am mechanic." He said, "I've had enough of you. I'm just going to put it back together and you can go to some other dealer to have it fixed." (Knowing that if he put it back together with a new belt on the old sprocket, it would ruin the belt). He didn't do that though. He said, "Since day one, I've had a problem with you. You gave me a bad review on a CSI...." I don't even remember that, but if I did give him a bad review, it was the truth. It was probably the time his mechanic left the bolt off my brake pedal after having put the brake extension on. Attention to detail. If I knew he harbored ill feelings towards me since "day one," I never would have gone back. Plus, he could have taken corrective action to remedy the situation. Any good business person should know how to establish a good customer/dealer relationship. I never touched the front sprocket. All I did was attempt to "dial in" the proper alignment to the belt, but it wouldn't align. When I turned the bike in, I didn't see or notice any damage to the belt. It looked ok to me. I know this rant would probably raise more questions. Anyway, I will never set foot in that dealership again and I am contemplating selling my F3.

About the same situation with the Can Am dealer in Gainesville, FL. I bought the Spyder there, brand new. It was uncrated and assembled there. Went to pick it up with my trailer. The brake rod did not fit me. Foot peg way to far back for my legs. They didn't have another brake rod in stock at all, of any length. They said they would order one and I had to come back and let they install it. Told them, "NO", you order it and send it to me, I ain't riding 100 miles to get it. They also told me some other stuff that was pure bull. Had to schedule it back in to adjust the valves at 3,000 miles and some other bull that they just made up. I took the Spyder home, went over the whole bike checking. Found loose fasteners in a couple places. I already had the service and maintenance manual, and had read them before I ever ordered the Spyder. What the dealer was telling me did not match what the manuals called for. I decided the day I picked it up they were incompetent. That dealership sells about 4 or 5 brands of new motorcycles as well as used motorcycles of various brands. They don't concentrate on the Can Am brand and don't seem to know much about it. They are in business to sell motorcycles. Once the bikes are sold, they don't do much to maintain what they sell. Mine has never been back to the dealership, and never will go back to that dealer. Pretty sure at this point I can do anything they can, and do a better job on it. This is really not unusual for me. I own a 2001 Harley Sportster that never went to a dealer in the 20+ years I have owned it. Did a couple of top end rebuilds and one complete engine swap with a low mileage used 2001, I bought at a good price to be a parts doner bike. If the Can Am dealers do not change their customer relations tactics, they are going to lose what market shares they might have in many locations. It is a shame, because the basic design, handling, and power, are some of the best in the 3 wheel category. The dealers will have to do a better job with repairs and how long it takes, or Can Am will need to have some trained independent repair shops which can do what the dealers will not. Otherwise, they will lose out on the sales and have a worse reputation than they have already earned in some locations.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    About the same situation with the Can Am dealer in Gainesville, FL. I bought the Spyder there, brand new. It was uncrated and assembled there. Went to pick it up with my trailer. The brake rod did not fit me. Foot peg way to far back for my legs. They didn't have another brake rod in stock at all, of any length. They said they would order one and I had to come back and let they install it. Told them, "NO", you order it and send it to me, I ain't riding 100 miles to get it. They also told me some other stuff that was pure bull. Had to schedule it back in to adjust the valves at 3,000 miles and some other bull that they just made up. I took the Spyder home, went over the whole bike checking. Found loose fasteners in a couple places. I already had the service and maintenance manual, and had read them before I ever ordered the Spyder. What the dealer was telling me did not match what the manuals called for. I decided the day I picked it up they were incompetent. That dealership sells about 4 or 5 brands of new motorcycles as well as used motorcycles of various brands. They don't concentrate on the Can Am brand and don't seem to know much about it. They are in business to sell motorcycles. Once the bikes are sold, they don't do much to maintain what they sell. Mine has never been back to the dealership, and never will go back to that dealer. Pretty sure at this point I can do anything they can, and do a better job on it. This is really not unusual for me. I own a 2001 Harley Sportster that never went to a dealer in the 20+ years I have owned it. Did a couple of top end rebuilds and one complete engine swap with a low mileage used 2001, I bought at a good price to be a parts doner bike. If the Can Am dealers do not change their customer relations tactics, they are going to lose what market shares they might have in many locations. It is a shame, because the basic design, handling, and power, are some of the best in the 3 wheel category. The dealers will have to do a better job with repairs and how long it takes, or Can Am will need to have some trained independent repair shops which can do what the dealers will not. Otherwise, they will lose out on the sales and have a worse reputation than they have already earned in some locations.
    You are on the money with what you said. The valve job at 3000 miles is a great clue. Not recommended until 28K on the 998's. In most cases not needed at all. I did two. One on my 08 and the other on my 09. Cost $1500 each. Neither needed adjustments. Some dealers ended up charging for these and doing NOTHING. The 1330's do NOT require any valve adjustments. Caveat Emptor.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by slhanks004 View Post
    For what it's worth, I had a dealer issue and contacted BRP. I received a phone call from the BRP customer service people and was told "Dealers are independent businesses, we don't really control what they do", well, crappy dealers are destroying your brand's reputation. I'd think that BRP has some leverage to force bad dealers into compliance.
    Is that the way it works with ANY other big ticket item that is sold through independent retailers? I don't think so.
    2014 RTL Platinum