Spyder Garage

Default Wolo Installed! Big Bad Max 619

Last Wolo Big Bad Max I installed was on my 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750. It was back in 2014. I always loved the loudness, and got many comments on it — until today. That bike was replaced by a 2010 Spyder RS SE5. Got my new Big Bad Max last week and installed it today. Before I made my final connection and tucked the wires away, I turned on the key, touched the last wire to the battery and hit the horn button. Literally scared myself! I have no idea what Wolo did to that thing since 2014, but it sounds like a freakin’ freight train! I did leave the OEM horn alone, which if any if you are working on an older RS, it’s mounted to the left hand side of the frunk, underneath the left front panel. I cut the existing female spade connectors off, stripped fresh wire, and crimped them back together with the two relay wires and connected back to the OEM horn. I drilled a hole in the steel bracket that holds the clippy nut for the top cover and mounted the horn to that. That horn mounting bolt also served as my ground. I knocked the black paint off with a wire wheel and blue Loctited the nut. I also cut the inline glass fuse holder out and replaced it with an ATM waterproof rubber mini fuse holder. Fuse lays on top of my battery under the left rear panel. I should’ve taken pictures showing horn placement and such, but I didn’t. The Big Bad Max is around $36 on Amazon. Definitely also buy the relay harness.
    ~~2010 RS SE5 My first Spidey, but not my first ride~~

The trigger’s been pulled. We have to
    get there before the hammer falls.

Spyder Garage

Are you able to post a video of the sound ?
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

I used dual truck airhorns mounted under the tupperware on the left side above the oil. I hit the horn when someone cut me off and I think he crapped his pants. Cost me $30 for the horn kit. Well worth it over the standard mep mep horn
    Done all of Canada except NWT and parts of Australia, New Zealand and areas of Europe

Spyder Garage

2012 RTL , Pearl