Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TCBoone View Post
    Yes just received ours last week, installed and tested. Ordered them August of last year, my wife really loves them!

Did you get the newer part #219401181 or the older one?

I just tried installing the ones I ordered last week (p/n 219400958) and they have that horrible gap between the armrest support and the back side of the trim. Totally unacceptable for a $500 part. I'd like to know if the newer version has fixed this or not before returning these.

A45D917D-214A-456E-BA31-EE60C9DE0930.jpg

Spyder Garage

Supposedly my dealer has the newer part number in stock so I'm going to go drop by in a bit and do a comparison with the old part I got in today....so standby for hopefully an answer.

Spyder Garage

Our arm rest have the same mismatch gap as shown in photo. It is unfortunate that for the price of this part it does not fit better. The bottom line for us, it does provide the passenger a secure arm rest, and that is what matters most to us. The fit is certainly subpar.

Last edited by TCBoone; 04-20-2023 at 01:59 PM.

Spyder Garage

Our arm rest have the same mismatch gap as shown in photo. It is unfortunate that for the price of this part it does not fit better. The bottom line for us, it does provide the passenger a secure arm rest, and that is what matters most to us. The fit is certainly subpar.

Thats totally unacceptable for the $$. At least the rest's themselves work well.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Well, I visually compared the old and new at the dealer - they looked the same to me. The length side by side certainly wasn't any different and wouldn't cover the gap. Didn't notice anything really different other than the newer one the metal parts looked a little darker. Maybe a batch difference or change of vendor perhaps (which could account for the part number change). They were even packaged in the same style box/packaging - which is to say "not very good". Both the one I have and the one at the dealer had noticeable nicks in the metal.

Pretty disappointing when they charge so much for these. If they were like $200 or something it perhaps wouldn't bother me so much. But they are charging luxury prices for this stuff with Chinese level quality.

Spyder Garage

I am starting to find mine seem to always be in my way when getting on and off the rig. If they would of made them to flip up they would be perfect. And i also agree the fit has a 3rd world look you would get from Chinese junk
    Last edited by budvoss; 04-22-2023 at 03:41 PM.
    2022 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by budvoss View Post
    I am starting to find mine seem to always be in my way when getting on and off the rig. If they would of made them to flip up they would be perfect. And i also agree the fit has a 3rd world look you would get from Chinese junk
    This my reason for NOT getting them, They dont have the ability to flip up out of the way.
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick28 View Post
    This my reason for NOT getting them, They dont have the ability to flip up out of the way.
    This is exactly why I didn't get them.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

BRP did change the vendor they are getting them from which is why they were not available for almost a year. The change in vendor is also why the part number change. Mine too came out of the box with nicks in them and mine were the better of 4 different sets we compared them to. If it wasn't for my wife wanting them for long trips incase she falls asleep I would have purchased something else.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    BRP did change the vendor they are getting them from which is why they were not available for almost a year. The change in vendor is also why the part number change. Mine too came out of the box with nicks in them and mine were the better of 4 different sets we compared them to. If it wasn't for my wife wanting them for long trips incase she falls asleep I would have purchased something else.
    Happy wife, happy life!!! I got my bike second hand, the old owner put a seat belt on the bike bike for his wife!! No lie, I swear!!! LMAO!!!!! I took it off!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by TCBoone; 04-30-2023 at 10:30 AM.
    2022 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

Spyder Garage

Default Arm Rest

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    look up the old number 219400958 for the directions
    For those who have put off ordering the arm rest for the 2020 and newer models, BRP now has them on sale. 20% off
    2020 RTL , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick28 View Post
    We wanted to get them but I didnt like the fact that they don't swing out. Does the new assigned part number armrests now have that feature ?
    No they don’t swing out, I have them on my 2023 RTL
    2023 RTL , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuzzyg View Post
    No they don’t swing out, I have them on my 2023 RTL
    TCBoone says his do.

Yes they swing out several degrees and lock in place, there is a lever below the armrest to release. We like the top of armrest made of a dense foam material has a good feel. The quality of the armrest is good, what we expected from a BRP accessory.
    I wonder if you got the old P/N Bigbuzzyg? I would like to know because I may buy some at 20% off even though I rarely have a passenger.

Edit: The Can-Am website says they swing out. Like TCBoone suggests there is a lever on the bottom which unlocks it to swing it out.
    Last edited by FrogmanDave; 05-04-2023 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Added Information
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

They only swing out a few degress - 15 degrees maybe? Not "full swing out of the way" out. There are 2 (as I recall) locking positions in the "swing out" mode and you can leave them that way while riding if you want or swing them back in after getting seated by squeezing the lever and pulling them back in again.

Spyder Garage

Both the old and the new arm rest swing out on the RT version. I have no idea about the F3 version but I suspect they swing out too. My estimation is ~20 degrees swing in each arm. When in the closed position they are about 20” apart (depending exactly where you are measuring from) and swung open they are 27” apart at the front.

My complaint is the ½” gap at the rear base of the bracket, it is nothing more than shoddy design work by whoever BRP hired to design them which is ridiculous that BRP lets them out the door with such an obvious flaw especially considering the ridiculous price BRP charges for them.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Sea-To-Sky)
    2022 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

Default New Armrest part number and fitment issues

The new part number for the armrest that fit the later RT models is 219401181. it does allow some pivoting of each arm rest to the outside. Regarding fitment issues and the gap, I took my old plastic covers and trimmed them to fit underneath and up against the new risers and it fills the Gap and cleans up the look. If you ever want to go back you'll obviously have to buy new plastic for each side

2021 RT Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TWES View Post
    Regarding fitment issues and the gap, I took my old plastic covers and trimmed them to fit underneath and up against the new risers and it fills the Gap and cleans up the look. If you ever want to go back you'll obviously have to buy new plastic for each side
    This is exactly what I did. No way in hell I was leaving that ridiculous gap there. I had planned on 3d printing a piece to fill the gap but trimming the original piece made much more sense. I thought I had a picture of the trimmed piece without the armrest installed but I don't. I had intended to trim it out to allow 2 screw holes but you can't get clearance for the armrest mount. You have to cut off/out the entire front of the old piece. You can see magic marker marks where I intended to cut the original piece.

20230512_182657.jpg

Gap as installed. Right side when looking toward the back of Spyder.

20230512_195114.jpg

No gap after installing the original piece after trimming. Left side when looking toward the back of the Spyder.

20230512_195143.jpg

Because there is only the back tab and one screw holding it in place, I added a strip of 3M emblem tape to the back to help hold it in place.

3M Tape.jpg
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

My solution (unintended) was to put a sheepskin on the seat and it's shaggy enough I never see the gap now! Out of sight, out of mind!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    TCBoone says his do.

I wonder if you got the old P/N Bigbuzzyg? I would like to know because I may buy some at 20% off even though I rarely have a passenger.

Edit: The Can-Am website says they swing out. Like TCBoone suggests there is a lever on the bottom which unlocks it to swing it out.

On their website the 20% off doesn't include them. Haven't found a dealer that discounts. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL