Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Try and send it again .... I don't have it ..... Mike
    Resent sir
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Stock radio sucks

The stock radio is crap, can't imagine why I would want different speakers. Sure the sound might be better but the range is the problem. If I get more than 5 miles from the towers, the signal goes south (while I go north......) I swapped out the stock antenna for an aftermarket shorty and it actually improved the reception but very little (maybe I only want it to be better!)
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    The stock radio is crap, can't imagine why I would want different speakers. Sure the sound might be better but the range is the problem. If I get more than 5 miles from the towers, the signal goes south (while I go north......) I swapped out the stock antenna for an aftermarket shorty and it actually improved the reception but very little (maybe I only want it to be better!)
    I have a 14 RT and I swapped the OEM's for JBL 2 ohm models ... it improved all aspects of sound by 100% .... When BRP changed the radio SYSTEM in 2018 or 19 the system seemed to be un-fixable .... However " Joel the Biker " did find a way to FIX it ( last year i think ) others here ( on this thread ) have tried different brands of speakers. However they have not told us what happened. ..... go thru this thread and send them PM's to find out how they did it ..... tell them to let us ALL know ... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 04-08-2023 at 09:45 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    If it's like the RT you may need to clean off all the excess thread lock from each connection point on the antenna and ground wiring. Makes a huge improvement on most that have tried it.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I'm one who doesn't care about the radio, I use my Ipod. I'm thinking about changing out the speakers when I get the spyder out of storage (If winter ever ends here in Minnesnowta). Then I will take a look and assess what can be done.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    If it's like the RT you may need to clean off all the excess thread lock from each connection point on the antenna and ground wiring. Makes a huge improvement on most that have tried it.
    I have cleaned much of it off but didn't notice any difference; may try again now that temps are up and wind is down... That yellow stuff is a pita to get off!
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Something EVERYONE needs to know if you are swapping / changing speakers. .... you MUST change ALL the speakers or dis-connect the ones you don't. .... this is not optional .... Why is this ???? ... The better speakers will sound great ... however the OEM speakers won't and they will be the ones you hear ..... Also try to find 2 ohm speakers ....why .... because they will effectively DOUBLE the power output of the amp / radio.... I'm not guessing about this, I have done the homework and actually used my 14 RT as a test ...... Mike
    Better be careful with some 2-ohm speakers, as they can cause some amps to oscillate and even overload and burn up.
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheSpyderRyder View Post
    Better be careful with some 2-ohm speakers, as they can cause some amps to oscillate and even overload and burn up.
    I have over 65,000 mi. using the JBL 2 ohm speakers .... I was told by members here ) what you said in 2015 .... If the system has 8 or 10 ohm speakers, it could happen .... however our OEM system was designed for 4 ohm speakers. I got my speaker info from ....JBL .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 04-18-2023 at 11:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Personally, I'd buy these Polk marine certified over the Kickers. They are half the price and have almost a 5db higher sensitivity. They also can handle a bit more power. They will play quite a bit louder than the Kickers. Both are 4 ohms too. Here are the specs for both.
    https://www.polkaudio.com/en-us/product/db-series/db402
    https://www.kicker.com/40PS44
    I wouldn’t trust any audio manufacturers specifications as being the least bit accurate and reliable.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodenfish View Post
    I wouldn’t trust any audio manufacturers specifications as being the least bit accurate and reliable.
    "Of course, I can get a hell of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Mike, I sent you a PM. There has to be something better, clearer and louder out there for the F3L.
    2022 F3L (If it will ever come in)

Spyder Garage

Mike, I sent you a PM.
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
    Mike, I sent you a PM. There has to be something better, clearer and louder out there for the F3L.
    sent one back, ....Mike