Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Are the New Speakers from Slingmods worth it?

So it looks like they have direct replacement speakers for F3-T and L all years. Think they are worth the purchase for my 18 F3L? Because the sound I get from the stock speakers are crap. Like AM radio crap

Here is the link:
    https://www.slingmods.com/kicker-4-i...ps44?vehicle=1
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-22-2023 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Interested in this also.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    So it looks like they have direct replacement speakers for F3-T and L all years. Think they are worth the purchase for my 18 F3L? Because the sound I get from the stock speakers are crap. Like AM radio crap

Here is the link:
    https://www.slingmods.com/kicker-4-i...ps44?vehicle=1
    PM me if you want to know where they are selling for LESS ....Annnnnnnnnnd I can recommend a better model .... Mike ....PS you don't need Marine grade speakers, because ALMOST ALL Speakers are waterproof ..... However, if you plan to operate underwater, they might be better .....
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-23-2023 at 11:20 AM. Reason: some can't readily read colours... + Caps & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

Default Speakers

Something EVERYONE needs to know if you are swapping / changing speakers. .... you MUST change ALL the speakers or dis-connect the ones you don't. .... this is not optional .... Why is this ???? ... The better speakers will sound great ... however the OEM speakers won't and they will be the ones you hear ..... Also try to find 2 ohm speakers ....why .... because they will effectively DOUBLE the power output of the amp / radio.... I'm not guessing about this, I have done the homework and actually used my 14 RT as a test ...... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-23-2023 at 11:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Personally, I'd buy these Polk marine certified over the Kickers. They are half the price and have almost a 5db higher sensitivity. They also can handle a bit more power. They will play quite a bit louder than the Kickers. Both are 4 ohms too. Here are the specs for both.
    https://www.polkaudio.com/en-us/product/db-series/db402
    https://www.kicker.com/40PS44

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Personally, I'd buy these Polk marine certified over the Kickers. They are half the price and have almost a 5db higher sensitivity. They also can handle a bit more power. They will play quite a bit louder than the Kickers. Both are 4 ohms too. Here are the specs for both.
    https://www.polkaudio.com/en-us/product/db-series/db402
    https://www.kicker.com/40PS44
    Are they also drop in with no wiring changes?
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Ordering the Polk to give a try.for the money and bikers reviews seems a good deal compared to slingmods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mandytuning View Post
    Ordering the Polk to give a try.for the money and bikers reviews seems a good deal compared to slingmods
    Looks like for that price you get one tweeter and one 4" speaker. Is that correct?

And if you want to replace all of them, 4X the price
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Looks like for that price you get one tweeter and one 4" speaker. Is that correct?

You get the pair. One picture is of the speaker (built in tweeter) and the other is the speaker with included grill.
    https://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB4...io-DB-402.html

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    You get the pair. One picture is of the speaker (built in tweeter) and the other is the speaker with included grill.
    https://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB4...io-DB-402.html
    Perfect. And I assume these will fit the rear speakers too?
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    PM me if you want to know where they are selling for LESS ....Annnnnnnnnnd I can recommend a better model .... Mike ....PS you don't need Marine grade speakers, because ALMOST ALL Speakers are waterproof ..... However, if you plan to operate underwater, they might be better .....
    Sent you a PM sir
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I ordered from Amazon, nowhere mention quantity,but picture is for 2. Will see when arrive, good thing i can return easily. Tweeter is at the center.

Spyder Garage

I ordered from Amazon, nowhere mention quantity,but picture is for 2. Will see when arrive, good thing i can return easily. Tweeter is at the center.
    Could I have the link you used?

And also, doesn't the front speakers have a separate tweeter?
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Polk Audio DB402 DB+ Series 4" Coaxial Speakers with Marine Certification, Black https://a.co/d/8HZ05GR

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Not sure what's going on but the polk are not true 4". Will need some washers to make it fit or better to return it. Will check how it sounds.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Pretty sure the gap around them will kill the bass and add more distortion.
    It's midnight here so I can't test...but looking the kickers from slingmods it have same problem.maybe fill around with some foam strip.

PXL_20230325_041322426.jpg PXL_20230325_041330070.jpg
    Last edited by mandytuning; 03-24-2023 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)

Spyder Garage

with some leftovers and Its looking better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Not sure what's going on but the polk are not true 4". Will need some washers to make it fit or better to return it. Will check how it sounds.
    Interesting .... in pic #2, what is the diameter of the speaker on the left ..... On my 14 RT I was able to trim the OEM rear hole and fit a 5.25 in .in .... this did give a bit better Bass, however nothing under 8 in. has serious Bass. ....Mike .... And I sent you some PM's ..... Mike ...........PS, read my post #4 from above ....good luck - M
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-25-2023 at 12:37 AM.

Spyder Garage

Didn't measure the hole but is Around 4.5",i ended installing back the oem ,the polk have a lot more tweeter and clarity but no punch, at 40mph cant hear nothing at all, probably the radio drom 2022 f3t doesn't have the guts to move this speakers. Thinking about what you told me about 2 ohms.

Spyder Garage

Didn't measure the hole but is Around 4.5",i ended installing back the oem ,the polk have a lot more tweeter and clarity but no punch, at 40mph cant hear nothing at all, probably the radio drom 2022 f3t doesn't have the guts to move this speakers. Thinking about what you told me about 2 ohms.
    I think I was the first person try the 2 Ohm speakers ( back in 2014 ) ..... I received a lot of negative feedback from members who said they knew more than the engineers at JBL .... I now have 75,000 mi. +/- and the speakers are working fine. Because they are of higher quality than the OEM speakers, they can play louder than I need with good clarity. .... In 2018 BRP made big changes in the Audio System ( and not for the better ) .... a few folks here tried the " speaker swap thing ) and said that didn't really solve the issue .... " Joel the Biker " did have success in improving His 2021/2 Sea to Sky model ..... ( PM Him for info ) .... WHY " slingmods " seems to have gotten better results by just an improved Speaker change doesn't seem logical based on the reports of the folks who only made that change ..... I hope you can achieve what you want ...... PS - ALL of the speakers have to be of the same quality or the sound from the bad speakers will over-power the good ones ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I think I was the first person try the 2 Ohm speakers ( back in 2014 ) ..... I received a lot of negative feedback from members who said they knew more than the engineers at JBL .... I now have 75,000 mi. +/- and the speakers are working fine. Because they are of higher quality than the OEM speakers, they can play louder than I need with good clarity. .... In 2018 BRP made big changes in the Audio System ( and not for the better ) .... a few folks here tried the " speaker swap thing ) and said that didn't really solve the issue .... " Joel the Biker " did have success in improving His 2021/2 Sea to Sky model ..... ( PM Him for info ) .... WHY " slingmods " seems to have gotten better results by just an improved Speaker change doesn't seem logical based on the reports of the folks who only made that change ..... I hope you can achieve what you want ...... PS - ALL of the speakers have to be of the same quality or the sound from the bad speakers will over-power the good ones ..... Mike
    So what speakers would you recommend in my 18F3L? Or is it a lost cause?
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

So what speakers would you recommend in my 18F3L? Or is it a lost cause?
    I sent you a PM with a copy of what I sent to another member ..... The JBL's that I have are no longer available, JBL up-dated them a long time ago...... look at " sonicelectronix " I have been buying from them for decades ..... look for 2 ohm speakers in the size you want .... speakers from different Brands can have different TONAL qualities .... On a MTC. this doesn't really matter ..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-25-2023 at 01:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

I sent you a PM with a copy of what I sent to another member ..... The JBL's that I have are no longer available, JBL up-dated them a long time ago...... look at " sonicelectronix " I have been buying from them for decades ..... look for 2 ohm speakers in the size you want .... speakers from different Brands can have different TONAL qualities .... On a MTC. this doesn't really matter ..... Mike
    Responded to your PM
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Responded to your PM
    Try and send it again .... I don't have it ..... Mike