Spyder Garage

Default Any other suggestions on causes/fixes for this Vibration?

I have a 22 F3-L. I am feeling vibration in the floor boards.
    I already have a belt tensioner. Any other suggestions?
    Thanks for any help
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-22-2023 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

Still have the original Kenda tires? That's the first thing I would be questioning.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

There's a whole lot of things that might cause you to feel a vibration somewhere in the bike, even things occurring as far away from the floorboards as you can get, but to be truly helpful we really need a bit more of an in-depth description of the vibration you are feeling?? Does it only occur at a given road speed or in a given range of road speeds; or is it there all the time regardless of speed? What about when accelerating or decelerating - does it vary any then? Is it only in a given gear, or all gears? Or is it only at a given rev range regardless of gear selection? What about if you're just coasting, is it still there then? Does it only happen on one particular section of road; type of road surface; or is it there on any/all road surfaces? Have you tried changing the belt tension (not adjusting the belt vibration damper, which ISN'T actually a belt tensioner anyway, despite that being what you erroneously called it! ) What about adding a dab of appropriate belt grease to the belt itself - does that make any difference?? And have you had a proper wheel alignment done yet? Altho that lot's really just for starters!

However, I guess you're still running the OEM Spec Tires?? If so, you might want to try another set of tires & rims (preferably not Kendas/OEM ) - you might hafta beg, borrow, buy or rent another set off a friends Spyder or the dealer's stock to see if that makes any difference; fronts only if that's all you can manage first up; but if you've looked at everything else & that still doesn't sort it, try swapping the rear too.

So it could be any one of or any combination of things in that lot, and I'm sure there's a bunch more besides.... But if you check thru all of those and you've STILL got an annoying vibration that you can't get rid of, you might be surprised at the number of people who've spent a LOT of time &/or money unsuccessfully chasing a vibration thru every other part of their Spyder/Ryker, only to finally bite the bullet & eventually/begrudgingly swap the OEM tires over to a set of a/mkt tires &/or sometimes swapping out the rims too and only then do they discover that their un-traceable vibration has finally gone.... The bad news is that for some, it can be the rims too, rather than just the tires; and sure, the rims/tires being the source of these sorta vibrations is occurring waaayy less often now than it once did, but it's still happening often enough to be of concern....

Just Sayin' Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you are feeling it from the floor-boards ( and NOT the handle-bars ) I suspect it's the rear tire and not a front tire .,... as others have said KENDA's have a high Failure / Defect rate .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I think that Mike, is right on the money, with his assesment, after replacing my rear tyre, all vibrations were gone
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Engine Mount loose
    Wheel balance
    Kenda Tyres

Does it increase with speed? Does it appear at certain rev range/s or speed range/s

To get rid of the vibration in my '17 RTYL I
    • Got rid of the Kenda's
    • Added a belt tensioner
    • Loose shock/swingarm mount that was incorrectly assembled by the dealership.
    • Found that in some situations on one of our expressways, that the concrete road surface had small undulations that the Spyder was sensitive too - car doesn't see them, bike did.
    • Changed to a hi quality aftermarket suspension.
    • Not related to yours but replacing the BRP mirror mounts with magnetic ones fixed the mirror visibility
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White