On Friday 3/17 I went up to the Salt Lake Community Collage to take an MSF 3wheel refresher course in preparation for the new riding season. I actually have never taken an organized motorcycle riding course before so was very curious as to what it would be like. This course was organized by one of the chapters of the riding group I have been with for 30 years, so we got a nice discount. When we started our course we had a good conversation on gear, safety, awareness, and some of the differences in trikes and 2 wheelers. Then he laid out a course with turns, weaves, in opposite directions lefts and rights, stops, swerves, more discussions. more left and right turns, slow and at some speed. We did 3 hours' worth of work and it was a blast. My Spyder was still blocked by snow and besides we wouldn't be done until 7:00pm and I didn't want to ride home 90 min in the cold and dark, thru the mountains, I used their machine. It was a 2022 Ryker Rally and I really enjoyed it. I had never ever sat on a Ryker before, and I found it to be more comfortable than I thought it would be. I liked the twist and go, but I wished the transmission would engage sooner than it did. It took me a time or two to get used to the brake pedal location, but I soon caught on to it. I really liked the bar end mirrors and I think I will investigate whether those mirrors will fit the ends of the RT.
If there is a MSF course near you, it may be a good idea to do a refresher course for you now that winter is ending and get your skills up to snuff before you hit the road. If you don't have one your owner's manual has a rider course you can set up out lined in it.
Ride safe my friends and I hope you get another year of miles of smiles on those beautiful Spyders and Rykers. Love that "Y" factor.