Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    That 5 minute pre “in and out” to check Vin is going to be fun for those who have a 2 hour+ ride to the dealer, Wmoater. …..I imagine that may change

Pete
    I agree. Mine is 45 minutes away. Nice thing about it, it can be done anytime as in or check and confirm. So make it a ride to that location, the tech doesn’t inspect it’s the desk man that does and he’s always available. He runs the vin etc for billing and parts etc. by the time your home hopefully kit ordered and schedule a real service 3 weeks later which is about what they are out this time of year and alls good. So next nice nice day to ride call and see if that’s your dealers process and get the ball rolling. I don’t think they will be calling you.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are the new units, S and RT models delivered with the new Sprocket set up??????
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    Are the new units, S and RT models delivered with the new Sprocket set up??????
    Seeing that the recall didn't include any Spyders from 2020 on (or was it 2019?? ) I'd certainly hope so!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2023 at 08:55 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Kinda what I thought.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Seeing that the recall didn't include any Spyders from 2020 on (or was it 2019?? ) I'd certainly hope so!!
    Although since the “final fix” sprocket wasn’t available until the end of ‘22, I’d imagine that the ‘20-‘22 models will probably be in the next “recall” phase, Peter.

Pete
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-12-2023 at 07:09 PM. Reason: was’t - wasn’t ;-)
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Although since the “final fix” sprocket wasn’t available until the end of ‘22, I’d imagine that the ‘20-‘22 models will probably be in the next “recall” phase, Peter.

Pete
    Could be... I guess?! But has anyone with one of those later year models had any front sprocket issues... yet??

But you'd hafta think that since Not All of the 2015 - 2019 Spyders are subject to this recall, and BRP seem to be able to identify those likely to have the issue via the Spyder's VIN, so there's gotta be something identifiable in/with/about each bike &/or the sprocket - maybe the sprocket supplier, a manufacturing batch, a particular manufacturing/assembly shift, or something that allows them to identify the sprockets at issue; and as the recall is only for some of the Spyders from 2015 - 2019 and the recall document clearly excludes any later models despite them already being out there with owners/on the road, then it's pretty likely they already know that those later models don't have the specific sprockets at issue & so their owners shouldn't be concerned.... but then again, it is BRP, so anything is possible!

I guess only time will tell....
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Could be... I guess?! But has anyone with one of those later year models had any front sprocket issues... yet??

But you'd hafta think that since Not All of the 2015 - 2019 Spyders are subject to this recall, and BRP seem to be able to identify those likely to have the issue via the Spyder's VIN, so there's gotta be something identifiable in/with/about each bike &/or the sprocket - maybe the sprocket supplier, a manufacturing batch, a particular manufacturing/assembly shift, or something that allows them to identify the sprockets at issue; and as the recall is only for some of the Spyders from 2015 - 2019 and the recall document clearly excludes any later models despite them already being out there with owners/on the road, then it's pretty likely they already know that those later models don't have the specific sprockets at issue & so their owners shouldn't be concerned.... but then again, it is BRP, so anything is possible!

I guess only time will tell....
    Yes, I’m hoping you are right, Peter, but I’m sure I have seen some ‘20+ riders posting about sprocket issues.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Got a call from dealer yesterday, they asked if I was going to get the recall done at their shop. I said yes and the sprocket is now ordered, will have to wait for the part. Still snow here anyway.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-13-2023 at 06:36 AM. Reason: ' 's ;-)
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    Got a call from dealer yesterday, they asked if I was going to get the recall done at their shop. I said yes and the sprocket is now ordered, will have to wait for the part. Still snow here anyway.
    I'm in the same waiting pattern as you. I had the interim "fix" done last fall and my dealer's service manager told me the original sprocket on my 2018 RT was still in good condition and that I should check back with them in the spring (now) to schedule the "final repair" when a new sprocket would be installed. I called the dealer last week and was told that they did not have any of the new "final repair" sprockets in stock but that they were expecting more to arrive soon. To their credit, they recommended that I have them place a special order for the new sprocket in my name in the hopes that doing so will expedite delivery of one to them for my specific machine. So that's where I am now. They said they will contact me as soon as the sprocket arrives to schedule an appointment to have it replaced.

2018 RT Ltd.
    2018 RT Ltd , Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Default Good News!

I got a call today from the Service Manager at my Spyder dealership with good news. He said the special order they placed last week for the recall "final repair" front sprocket for my 2018 RT was delivered today. It's a busy time at my dealer's service department, so I have an appointment for early in May to have the new sprocket installed. I'll have them perform several routine maintenance items while the RT is there, including replacing its 5-year old battery, and when I pick it up I should be good to go for the current riding season.

2018 RT Ltd.
    2018 RT Ltd , Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

So where is the Loctite 603 or 609 applied? I am assuming it is on the threads of the bolt that secures the sprocket to the countershaft, with the subsequent torque to spec.

What goes on the spines now? It was formerly a high-moly-content paste. It this still the case with the replacement sprocket...or is the sprocket "glued" to the shaft splines now? I have seen posts referring to both putting on the sprocket with moly paste and also those referring to mounting the sprocket with an adhesive.

In any case, the Loctite is a form of an adhesive, and like any adhesive, will have finite window of time to cure to full strength.

Thanks