Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Interesting find while installing my new Wilbers shocks :yikes:

I got a surprise late last weekend and the Wilbers shocks that I ordered were delivered a couple of weeks earlier than I expected.

I was able to get the rear shock and HPA installed last Sunday and was able to install the front shocks tonight.

IMG_20230317_222941130.jpg

IMG_20230317_223006408.jpg

IMG_20230317_223032165_HDR.jpg

But after I started cleaning up I noticed that the stock shock I removed from the left side is bent at the top of the shock.

IMG_20230317_194931111_PORTRAIT.jpg

I'm really glad I took the time to replace them along with the rear so my wife could ride with me and not bottom out.

Hopefully this is what was causing the uneven wear on the front quatrac's that had been discussed in previous threads.

Off to tire rack next so I can order some new quatrac's for the front and setup an appointment for an alignment.

I also measured my starting clearance at 3 3/4 " and after the install it is now 4 1/4", so it gave me about a half inch more of clearance underneath.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 03-18-2023 at 08:47 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wife and I went out for a test drive and it rides so shweet now.

Should be even better with the new front tires and alignment.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black