Spyder Garage

Default 2023 RT suspension vs 2022 vs 2023 Sea to Sky

My local dealer (NC) has some 23 RT's on the floor. I looked at them and noticed the spring/shock action was very stiff. Looked at 22 and not so stiff. However the 23 Sea to Sky was very soft and would probably ride more comfortable. Did BRP make a change from 22 to 23 in the suspension? Salesman didn't know anything.

Anybody know?

Stan
    Happy owner of 2014 White RTS - SE6

Spyder Garage

If you were testing the rear shock/air bag, it could have lost some air pressure just sitting around.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-20-2023 at 10:36 PM. Reason: your - you ;-)
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

There are all kinds of reasons for that differences between the two bikes. The only way to really see is jump on, start it and put it in gear and take it around the block, let the air ride balance out then see how it feels. Like said above the bag may have leaked down a bit!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

There is a good chance that the Ride Height Connector Arm has not been connected and the air bag is mostly empty. This was the case for me when I picked-up my 2022 Sea to Sky. Fortunately, having read this forum extensively, I knew about the issue and found it disconnected on my bike.

I showed it to my dealer and he had his "techs" (term used loosely) connect the ride height arm. Problem solved (for me anyway).

Next time you are at the dealer, check the Ride Height Arm to see if it's connected. It's on the left side of the bike and connects to the forward part of the trailing arm. See pictures below.

Missing Link.jpg Missing Link found.jpg
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies. The front was just as stiff as the rear. No air bag on the front, and the 23 Sea to Sky was really soft on the front - as was the rear.

Stan

Spyder Garage

bump.