Spyder Garage

Default I remembered to put it in Rally Mode!

60 Degrees here in the Willamette Valley today, I had to take the Rally out after work! Found myself on a gravel road for a couple miles, when I remembered to put it in Rally mode!! Yes! Sliding around the first curve was fantastic, the second was even better... I was just getting into it and the gravel ended and pavement began again!
    Probably a good thing, still getting used to this thing.
    I do know that this is going to be a kick!!

20230317_151659.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-17-2023 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)
    2022 Rally

Spyder Garage

That’s a blast isn’t it? That’s what’s great about the Rally model. Take it on some dirts roads and let it rip!
    2020 CAN-AM Spyder F3-S Special Series (sold)

2022 CAN-AM Ryker Rally 900

Spyder Garage

There are times i wish i never traded my ryker rally. I had more fun on it than this rt i have now. I hate the thought that i cant run dirt roads without worrying about a stone getting in belt. ..
    When i worked in OR back in the 80s i use to 4 wheel some of the back dirt logging roads In NW OR I loved it. Miles and Miles of trails
    Last edited by budvoss; 03-25-2023 at 12:10 PM.
    2022 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by budvoss View Post
    There are times i wish i never traded my ryker rally. I had more fun on it than this rt i have now. I hate the thought that i cant run dirt roads without worrying about a stone getting in belt. ..
    When i worked in OR back in the 80s i use to 4 wheel some of the back dirt logging roads In NW OR I loved it. Miles and Miles of trails
    Don't let that worry you too much budvoss, taking your RT out onto dirt roads in reasonable condition & riding juuust a little sensibly shouldn't see too much in the way of issues, and you might be surprised at how well the RT can 'drift' on that sorta surface too! You won't ever be able to hit the 4 wheeling tracks with it, but then neither will a Ryker Rally unless it's Rider has a death wish - either for them or for their Rally! After all, Rally's are really only designed to be'good condition formed gravel/dirt road' capable, and they are definitely not a true off-road machine.

I've really got no choice with my RT, if I want to ride anywhere but into the nearby towns, I have no choice but to ride on the dirt, and not only haven't I had any belt issues with my 2013 RT Ltd (bought new ) from riding on dirt roads, but I've also led a few rides for a few new Ryker Rally Riders to show them what their Rykers can actually do!! Of course, it's not too long before they get the hang of it & can easily surpass the RT in the dirt roads they can tackle, but the point is that you shouldn't really be too paranoid about taking your RT onto any formed road that's in reasonable condition! In MY experience, 'newly chip-sealed' sealed roads are far more of a risk than dirt roads!

Sure, fit 'The Missing Belt Guard' if you feel the need - I haven't, cos I think it increases the risk of belt damage by trapping the smaller more risky type stones & pebbles in/around the belt as it runs onto the pulleys.... &/or you could fit a BumpSkid if you want - again, I haven't, cos I've seen Spyders with similar 'sticky out' type guards & bumpers that decrease the Spyder's ground clearance and protrude out beyond the leading edge/normal extremities of the lower tupperware that've been written off due to frame damage after (gently, or so the riders said?! ) nudging a kerb or similar with said protruding edge, and there's NO WAY I want to reduce my RT's ground clearance any more than it is already, not even by as little as 10mm Instead, I replaced the OE plastic belly protector with an Alloy Skid Plate from noboot, another Ozzie SpyderLovers member here (he also makes the billet Windscreen Support Arm replacements that you'll eventually need if you have a power adjustable windscreen on your RT ) Basically, what I'm saying is that it really doesn't matter what Spyder or Ryker you've got, simply don't stress too much about what you can or can't do on it, just....

Ride More, Worry Less!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-25-2023 at 07:33 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

That is the one thing I miss about my Goldwing Trike, I could broadslide that sucker. But not the RT.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze