Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Oil Threads - if you don't like them, don't read them!

I notice when an oil thread comes up from time to time, there are those that get bored to tears, do the snide remarks and the popcorn thing. I for one get chuckles and a bit of enjoyment from reading the oil threads and what some have to contribute. I'm always the guy who thinks, if you don't like the thread, don't even think about reading it. But that's just me. Not to start anything, 'cause I know the mods will dump the thread if it gets aggravating, and well they should. Just a thought over coffee.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-17-2023 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)

Spyder Garage

9mm or .45 acp ..........oh sorry wrong forum.

Spyder Garage

2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I won't Ro tell a ny one what I use. It is a T6 level classified secret.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Absofreakinlutely, if everyone just searched for oil and tire threads without posting then you would never learn about new products and ideas. I get new information from almost every oil and tire thread. If these threads annoy you then move along and get your post count up somewhere else.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Spyders and oil threads are going to be together forever. Can't have one without the other. Have you noticed that many who start the threads are new persons to the forum? Many have not considered the search function and would not use it anyway.

Think about it...many join the forum because of a common item, the Spyder. They want to have interaction with fellow Spyder owners. Frankly, the reception that many get is disappointing, IMO. We sometimes come across as being a snobby, know it all, group of elite motorcycle owners.

I totally agree that if the oil threads bore you, or offend you, maybe skip reading them and leave the snide and smarmy comments out. A lot of times, I learn something new about oil, oil changes, etc. I don't mention much in the threads because I am NOT an oil expert. I just sit back and listen. I have been reading these threads since February of 2010. That's a lot of oil over the dam.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-17-2023 at 06:17 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Oil threads are on every vehicle forum somewhere. I find them enjoyable and do not take them to heart.

Kinda same way with tires, brakes, fork oil, air pressure, head bearings, exhaust, seats, trunks, frunks, windshields and the list goes on.

I figure as long as I wake up above ground and the bike starts I am not gonna worry about all them other threads of what is best. Figure if the bike starts that what ever I am using in it is ok and working.

As the old saying goes - Ride More and Worry Less

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    I notice when an oil thread comes up from time to time, there are those that get bored to tears, do the snide remarks and the popcorn thing. I for one get chuckles and a bit of enjoyment from reading the oil threads and what some have to contribute. I'm always the guy who thinks, if you don't like the thread, don't even think about reading it. But that's just me. Not to start anything, 'cause I know the mods will dump the thread if it gets aggravating, and well they should. Just a thought over coffee.
    Absolutely agree. And not just for oil threads. This attitude needs to prevail on every subject. But, I think, there are some who can't help themselves. To each his own, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    9mm or .45 acp ..........oh sorry wrong forum.
    This is an easy one... Get a 40 and you're good both ways!

MonkeywGun.jpg
    Last edited by BajaRon; 03-17-2023 at 02:32 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Oils,Tires, and More

I have really enjoyed most of the posts on this Forum. Hopefully everyone will have a positive impact on this Spyder Forum.

Yes, I know that there are several things that make me boil, but most of the time I can get past it.
    So enjoy reading posts and let's try and make every day a better day.

Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I know what oil not to use, but it may not even be possible to purchase anymore. My Grandfather only used NON-Detergent Quaker State 30W in his 55 Oldsmobile. When I got the car around 1978 I do believe it had more sludge/gunk inside the engine than it did oil. The rockers under the valve covers where completely encased in stuff the consistency of dirty heavy grease.
    2013 Spyder ST-SE5
    US Army 1971-1973
    Army Guard 1990
    Air Guard 1991-2010

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Absolutely agree. And not just for oil threads. This attitude needs to prevail on every subject. But, I think, there are some who can't help themselves. To each his own, I suppose.

This is an easy one... Get a 40 and you're good both ways!

MonkeywGun.jpg
    nope i carry 10mm 1911

Spyder Garage

nope i carry 10mm 1911
    But we all know that you'll never be able to find the 10mm when you need it!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I feel obligated to read every oil thread. How else would I know I do or don't agree with it?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Three teaspoons before log in.............OIP (1).jpg
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

''Experts" say eating red meat makes the sun hot
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

I read all the oil threads, but take them with a grain of salt. We all know that M1 4T 10w40 is the best. Or is it Amsoil 10w40 M/C ? We know that Rotella T6 is not the best, right? Too many threads to remember

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I read all the oil threads, but take them with a grain of salt. We all know that M1 4T 10w40 is the best. Or is it Amsoil 10w40 M/C ? We know that Rotella T6 is not the best, right? Too many threads to remember
    Here's where we could use a pot stirring emoji
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

nope i carry 10mm 1911
    I thought that was a wrench!

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Here's where we could use a pot stirring emoji
    Seeing as I am licensed as a Medical Marijuana Cultivator I would prefer a pot growing emoji!

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I thought that was a wrench!
    If you can dodge a wrench .. you can dodge a ball!!!

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    One thing for certain, if you have a Dodge, you better have a lot of wrenches.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Some Dodge... Some Don't! (Is it just me, or are we losing control of this thread?)

dodge.jpg

Spyder Garage

Some Dodge... Some Don't! (Is it just me, or are we losing control of this thread?)

dodge.jpg
    Whaddaya mean, 'losing'?? LOST is the proper word for what's going on here, LOST!

But at least we all should be able to see the way the topic has devolved naturally & dynamically following its own inherent effluence & organic fluidity pursuant to the viscosity of the subject & the natural lubricity of the original topic.... or in other words, the topic started out well, but then just turned to **** & it all went downhill from there!!

Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-18-2023 at 04:29 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Whaddaya mean, 'losing'?? LOST is the proper word for what's going on here, LOST!

Just Sayin'
    A Cummins powered one would have pasted clear through and back onto a speed.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

It's like going to a car race, are you going to watch the cars go round and round or are you there for the crashes and the paint swapping. It's hard to not read all of the new post, even when it's, after being on here as long as I have I know how to use the search engine first then ask the question if I don't find the answer that I am looking for.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

dodge.jpg
    That is a very cool meme!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post

But at least we all should be able to see the way the topic has devolved naturally & dynamically following its own inherent effluence & organic fluidity pursuant to the viscosity of the subject & the natural lubricity of the original topic.... or in other words, the topic started out well, but then just turned to **** & it all went downhill from there!!

Just Sayin'
    I believe Peter has is exactly correct!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-18-2023 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!