Spyder Garage

Default This might be the one - a 2017 RTL...

... with the mods I 'need': adjustable handlebars, Elka struts, Bajaron sway bar and end-links, new tires, only 25880 km (16080mi), 1 owner, and dealer serviced.

It's got the original drive belt, but the regular servicing was up to date when it went into storage last fall. It wasn't ridden last summer because the owner has health problems, which is why it's being sold.

I had a 2008 GS and then a 2010 RT until 2014, but haven't touched a Spyder since.

It's still winter here so I won't be able to ride it, but what questions and things should I be looking for when I go see it?

Thanks,
    Rod
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-16-2023 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - not an engine size related issue

Ryde safe,
    Rod.

'08 GS SM5 Full Moon -- after 15,000km sold May'11
    '10 RT A+C SE5 Full Moon -- after 30,700km traded in 2014
    '17 RTL Pearl White -- new-to-me in 2023

"I guess its better to bend a valve in Missoula than to lose your mind in Bozeman", my wife said, patting my hand as if to console me. I winced and wondered if Phaedrus ever took the bus." -Peter Egan, Leanings

CanAm Highway goes from Texas along U.S. Route 85 and Interstate 25 into Saskatchewan, Canada.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CanAm_Highway>

Spyder Garage

Possible flat spots on tires if sitting too long,& if had fuel stabilizer fuel conditions getting yourself familiar with spyder handling again is advisable; visit a dealer & test ride refresher

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Check Out the Spyder

...I recommend you have everything checked out for the Spyder. Is this Spyder being sold by the Owner or a Dealer.
    I have been able to get my local Spyder Dealer to do a quick inspection/QUOTE for things that they found.
    If you are able to do your own maintenance and repairs,
    do the inspection and check yourself.
    I am limited to what I can do. So I pay for them.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and hope you have a great Spyder. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

You should ask, where's the keys and may I take a ride??? Good luck, and see if they have any paper trail of the service that was done on it.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Front sprocket recall needs to be done if hasn't been done yet.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the advice! I’ll be doing the deal this and hoping the weather starts to improve so I can get it home. It’s only a ½ hour away but I need to knock some dust off — it’s nine years since my last Spyder — so hopefully I can take the long way home.

Ryde safe,
    Rod.

"I guess its better to bend a valve in Missoula than to lose your mind in Bozeman", my wife said, patting my hand as if to console me. I winced and wondered if Phaedrus ever took the bus." -Peter Egan, Leanings

CanAm Highway goes from Texas along U.S. Route 85 and Interstate 25 into Saskatchewan, Canada.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CanAm_Highway>

Spyder Garage

@rodO. How's the new ride?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by appkrill View Post
    @rodO. How's the new ride?
    Still in the planning stages... we had freezing rain today and the forecasted temps are still too cold for a first ryde for at least another week...

Ryde safe,
    Rod.