Spyder Garage

Default Where's the Accessory Wire to connect a GPS? 2012 RT

I just purchased a GPS unit, and I want to connect it to the Accessory wire. I have read that it’s located on the frame on the left side by the Frunk.

Is this correct? If not where is it at? Or what can I connect it to without making the Can-Bus argue with me or creating bigger issues.

2012 Spyder RT-S.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-16-2023 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    Loving my 2020 RT-L

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On my 2012 RTL the GPS lines plug in on the right side between the side panel and gas tank. Apart foot Board01.jpg brake line kink.jpg
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I have had my 2011 for 12 years and I did not know that any of the 998 Spyders had an aux connection. Learned something today.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    I have had my 2011 for 12 years and I did not know that any of the 998 Spyders had an aux connection. Learned something today.
    It's really not an auxiliary connection per se. It is there specifically to connect a GPS. One lead is 12 volt power from the audio unit and the other is an input into the audio unit for the GPS audio.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Best to get a fuse block to power accessories.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red