Spyder Garage

Default Is another extended warranty worth it? Where from?

I have a 17 RTL with 67,000 miles. My extended warranty from the dealer is about to expire in a couple of weeks. So I was wondering if buying another extended warranty is worth it? Dealers won't sell it to me. Any suggestions on which company to buy from if I buy. I plan on keeping the bike for a while. Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-16-2023 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shoppersal View Post
    I have a 17 RTL with 67,000 miles. my extended warranty from dealer is about to expire couple weeks. So was wondering if buying another extended warranty is worth it? Dealers won't sell it to me. Any suggestions on which company to buy from if I buy. I plan on keeping the bike for awhile. Thanks
    NONE of the aftermarket service contracts are worth buying. Only the BRP BEST plan. Once you are past that one, you are on your own until you buy a newer bike.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Research RPM, they've been around for years. I've used them since the early 80's.

Spyder Garage

I purchased a 5 year, 50K mile service contract for under $1,000 in April of 2021 from Patriot Warranty for my 2014 RTL SE. When I purchased this I had 47K miles on my RT, so I am good until April of 2026 or more than 97K miles whichever comes first.
    After searching and investigating several extended service contract companies, I found the price, the listed coverage and the length of the contract (5 yrs.) to be a good value. Buying any service contract is a gamble, as is buying any insurance, and I have not had to use it so I do not know how responsive the company is.
    Current: 2022 RTL SE6 Red Marsala and 2012 622 Trailer Lava Bronze,
    Previous: 2014 RTL SE6 Black Currant - 58,746 miles,
    2012 RTL SE5 Lava Bronze - 19,675 miles

Spyder Garage

Personally I agree with Consumers Reports that advises against buying any extended warranties. You are gambling on having a major problem, and more often than not the company selling the warranty is the one that wins. The only extended warranty I have bought in the last 20 years or so was on my 2011 Subaru Outback, which extended the original warranty out to 100,000 miles. I didn't have a penny of repairs needed until way after I reached that mileage. Good luck whatever you decide.
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would think that the only After Market Warranty worthy of purchase would be the Best warranty backed backed by Can Am itself at the very reasonable price available at several dealers. Good at any official Can Am dealer. IMHO, any other after market extended warranty would be a Crap Shoot.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Call imotorsports BRP WARRANTY $671 FOR 3 YEARS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtoro1 View Post
    Call imotorsports BRP WARRANTY $671 FOR 3 YEARS
    True, there are at least a large handful of Dealers that will sell the Best warranty at that price, the phone is your friend, you do not have to be a customer of the selling dealer.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

The Best warranty is not an option for the OP due to the age of the bike.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    Personally I agree with Consumers Reports that advises against buying any extended warranties. You are gambling on having a major problem, and more often than not the company selling the warranty is the one that wins. The only extended warranty I have bought in the last 20 years or so was on my 2011 Subaru Outback, which extended the original warranty out to 100,000 miles. I didn't have a penny of repairs needed until way after I reached that mileage. Good luck whatever you decide.
    RE: Subarus...I have owned 7 since 2001. Currently driving a 2017 Outback. Just turned 35,000 miles. I have NEVER had a major repair on the Subarus and have never purchased an extended warranty package. Three Outbacks, three Forester, and one Tribeca. So, far, so good.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    The Best warranty is not an option for the OP due to the age of the bike.
    You are absolutely correct sir.

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    RE: Subarus...I have owned 7 since 2001. Currently driving a 2017 Outback. Just turned 35,000 miles. I have NEVER had a major repair on the Subarus and have never purchased an extended warranty package. Three Outbacks, three Forester, and one Tribeca. So, far, so good.
    This thread has gone off the rails like most do on here.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    You are absolutely correct sir.

This thread has gone off the rails like most do on here.
    Dunno on this one. I mentioned that I have NOT bought extended warranties. I mentioned I did not need an extended warranty. Most also know that when it comes to Spyder...I have never bought the extended BEST, have never needed a major repair. Seven Spyders, 200K miles. And...I did have the BEST warranty one time. Got it for two years free with the 2014 RTS. Did not need that one either.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Extended warranties are insurance policies. As such, a potential buyer can search for the policy they feel they need or want for their peace of mind. I’ve carried extended policies on each of the 4 Spyders I’ve owned since 2010. The first 2 were BEST’s. The third was a Zurich. The fourth was an ASC. When the BRP factory warranty expiration nears on my 22 F3 LTD, I’ll likely get another ASC. I am fortunate to be able to put lots of miles on my Spyders. [Over 200K miles collectively] Their quality has improved significantly over the years, but issues and breakdowns happen. I’ve used all of the warranties at various locations around the country and all have been honored without any questions. If ya want one, for whatever reason, use your phone and find what fits your criteria. If ya don’t want one, fine too.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

I have RPM for 7 years total. Unlimited mileage. Zero deductible. Have already used it twice. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I bought a Zurich for my Spyder, used it once and it was paid for

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI