Spyder Garage

Default Any insights on removing the rear seat on an F3-T?

I went out to check pressures and air up tires and shock before riding today. Pressed and turned key to remove rear seat and there is NO resistance of moving a cable that is felt when opening frunk. Dismantled area around the ignition switch to expose the cable and reattach it to the key mechanism- no love. So ended up prying up the left side of the rear seat and aired up shock, but have been unable to get the actual seat unlatched. Any suggestions on how to get to the seat release mechanism would be greatly appreciated.

Al in Kazoo
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-15-2023 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Sounds like the cable has come undone at the latch which on the rear of the seat. Hopefully someone will come up with a way to get it off so that you can see what the prob is.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

In my short time here I have seen quite a few posts on this and that frunk latch.
    I guess it occurs quite a bit.
    Cables becoming detached and the latch cluster becoming hard to work, jamming and snapping cables.

2 things.

Once you do succeed on opening the latch consider attaching a tether to it.
    And most importantly ensuring the latch is in good working condition by inspecting and lubing the mechanism when its open.

Have a look through these and you will find stuff on hooking the latch with a bent wire and install a tether directly to the latch.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...archid=3771363

Spyder Garage

Any luck on your rear seat latch? For what it's worth, when I got a new seat, I had to move the latch thing from the old to the new seat base. I must have put it on too far/tight. To get the latch to let go, I had to be sitting down hard on the seat while someone turned the key. My weight took pressure off the latch bolt and it released.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GRHorst View Post
    Any luck on your rear seat latch? For what it's worth, when I got a new seat, I had to move the latch thing from the old to the new seat base. I must have put it on too far/tight. To get the latch to let go, I had to be sitting down hard on the seat while someone turned the key. My weight took pressure off the latch bolt and it released.
    Well I wouldn't hold ya breath there as I was wondering the same.

After a quick search of previous posts shows it appears that IGETAROUND is not one to to GETAROUND to posting any updates on what he has asked for assistance with.

Is that what they mean when they say its all Kazoo?