Spyder Garage

Default A request for an additional feature, 'Return to Top of Page', if possible

On some other sites, I've noticed a floating button that returns the user to the top of the forum.
    As a specific example, this can be helpful if the user has scrolled to the bottom of a thread and then wants to return to the navigation menu.
    If I'm in the middle of a long thread and I want to look at something else, I have to scroll to the top of the thread to expose the navigation menu.
    A floating "TOP" button would make it easier.
    I know, this is a First World Problem...................
    Or am I missing something?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    On some other sites, I've noticed a floating button that returns the user to the top of the forum.
    As a specific example, this can be helpful if the user has scrolled to the bottom of a thread and then wants to return to the navigation menu.
    If I'm in the middle of a long thread and I want to look at something else, I have to scroll to the top of the thread to expose the navigation menu.
    I think you're missing something ...... in the upper left corner of my computer screen (desk top type) .... there is a "return" arrow .... clicking on it, returns me to where I started .... good luck .... mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-12-2024 at 05:48 AM.

Spyder Garage

There should be at least One 'TOP' Button down in the Bottom Right corner of the screen, probably Two - there should be one immediately under the bottom right corner of the last post in the thread & above/before the Quick Reply box (altho that one may only be visible if you have access to Quick Navigation tools, & I don't know if everyone does have that access? However, it at least appears that you do have that access?!?) and then another waaay down in the bottom Right corner of the page/screen, as far down as you can go, to the far right of and in the same line as the Contact Us button.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    There should be at least One 'TOP' Button down in the Bottom Right corner of the screen, probably Two - there should be one immediately under the bottom right corner of the last post in the thread & above/before the Quick Reply box (altho that one may only be visible if you have access to Quick Navigation tools, & I don't know if everyone does have that access? However, it at least appears that you do have that access?!?) and then another waaay down in the bottom Right corner of the page/screen, as far down as you can go, to the far right of and in the same line as the Contact Us button.
    I'm not seeing the "TOP" button in the thread view, and the "BACK" arrow is greyed out because this thread was the first view I looked at.
    Here's a copy of full my screen.

If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's at the bottom (end) of the comments.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I'm not seeing the "TOP" button in the thread view, and the "BACK" arrow is greyed out because this thread was the first view I looked at.
    Here's a copy of full my screen.

That's not really your 'full screen', cos we can see that the light grey 'page scrolling block' on the far right edge of the page is in the middle of that edge, not right down the bottom of the edge; and just inside that, the black border of the page is being cut off at the bottom (lower) edge on both sides - you need to scroll right down as far as you can go so that you can (possibly only momentarily) see the black border below the page going right across the screen, not just on the right and left as far as the Forum page appears - there should be (well, might be anyway ) one Top button on the far right in the line BELOW the '+ Reply to Thread' button that's on the left - go over to the right side of the page, next line down, if you've got it then it should have a greyed out 'Quick Navigation' followed by buttons like:

'Forum Support & Testing' 'Go' 'Top'

And then there'll be another Top button further down at the almost absolute bottom of the page, below the listing of 'Members who have read this Thread: 68' box; the 'Tags for this Thread' box; the 'Posting Permissions' box; and even below the Sponsor's Logo (Stinger Trailers Dealers Wanted ??) that's down there too - right in the bottom line, on the far right of the line that has the 'vB style' button on the left, with the white Contact Us button showing somewhere around the middle of the page, and usually an Archive button then Top - it's at the absolute bottom of the page, you can't scroll any further, altho there's probably some 'greyed out' bunf displayed below it - looks something like this:

Contact Us SpyderLovers.com - Can-Am Spyder & Ryker Three Wheel Motorcycles Mod Archive [B]Top[/B]