Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Need a Seat Cushion for my 2022 RTL - any suggestions?

I just purchased a new 2022 RTL.
    I need a seat cushion for my seat. My tushy doesn't like the new seat.
    Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-10-2023 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I've had good results with the Air Hawk Air Cushion on my Goldwing (which was the worst seat ever!) and on my HD's.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-10-2023 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

I use either an air hawk and/or wool motorcycle seat cover. Good luck. Hope you find something comfy.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Spyder Garage

++ on Airhawk or WildA$$. I've used both over the past 10 years and either will let me ride for 10+ hrs without monkey butt or soreness.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I tried the airhawk years ago and felt too wishy washy

Spyder Garage

contact motorcycledave a sponsor here and get one of his pads and install it under your seat cover. I put one on my seat and it turned a 2 hr seat into an all day day after day seat.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Been using Air Hawk for years. Besides the comfort it keeps me up off the seat enough that my butt doesn’t get as hot.

Spyder Garage

Ait Hawk. Or a custom seat. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Probably too much air in the air hawk that makes it feel not so comfy.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Spyder Garage

I've had the butt buffer on now for a few hundred miles and like it (time will tell), but so far so good, i no longer get that nagging pain in my haunches.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ahh-cool View Post
    Both my wife and I use an Air hawk. One should sit IN an Air Hawk, not on it. I transfer it to my poor, old, slow V-Max when necessary.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ahh-cool View Post
    As others have replied, ahh-cool, you probably had too much air in the Airhawk. Your bottom should be just touching the seat underneath. That way the air is pushed out and up under your buttocks toward your thighs, which is what gives you support and more comfort (similar to what Russell Daylong and Seth Laam do with their “wings” at the edges of their seats.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use the Airhawk - R-REVB Cruiser R Large, fits the RTL nicely.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Butt Buffer. Saved my butt last year when we rode 1100 miles one day on our trip down south
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tried Butt Buffer for a while, it was in the "OK" but the the comfort level did not last. Hundred miles, I was ready for a change. My solution was Buffer for fifty to a hundred miles, back to OEM seat. Just kept rotating. Not sure what would work for me over time, I don't want to spend a pocket full of $ trying to find that seat that I may never find.

Spyder Garage

Another happy Air Hawk customer here. However, my wife prefers the Alaska sheepskin cover.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Here is one I am waiting for spring to test. Like the Air Hawk, I suspect too much air would be a problem. Or if you like it can be filled with water.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Tried Butt Buffer for a while, it was in the "OK" but the the comfort level did not last. Hundred miles, I was ready for a change. My solution was Buffer for fifty to a hundred miles, back to OEM seat. Just kept rotating. Not sure what would work for me over time, I don't want to spend a pocket full of $ trying to find that seat that I may never find.
    Bill, for not much more than the cost of a one size fits all seat like Ultimate etc, and that may or may not work for you, you can have a seat made to your body shape by Russell Daylong or Seth Laam that will guarantee you can find that seat with all day comfort.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Air Hawk here … since they first came on the market. As stated already.. they are best with very little air in them.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldAge View Post
    Here is one I am waiting for spring to test. Like the Air Hawk, I suspect too much air would be a problem. Or if you like it can be filled with water.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    For $30 I will try this

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    contact motorcycledave a sponsor here and get one of his pads and install it under your seat cover. I put one on my seat and it turned a 2 hr seat into an all day day after day seat.
    I bought his pads and installed them in my old bike. They were great. The problem was I tried to smooth out a wrinkle and made it too tight and the seat ripped at the seam. My wife will not let me do that again. I liked that cushion a lot

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    Air Hawk here … since they first came on the market. As stated already.. they are best with very little air in them.
    Which size for rider seat and which size for passenger seat? I also have 2021 RTL.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    This is the way..... We mix it up each fuel stop. We alternate between a Butt Buffer, a no-name seat pad (don't even remember where I got it from), and the Spyder seat. Each fuel stop, we just rotate to the next one. For the long days pounding the interstate to get somewhere interesting, it breaks up the monotony on the bottom.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RNBOB View Post
    Which size for rider seat and which size for passenger seat? I also have 2021 RTL.
    My Air Hawk is very old. I bought it for a Suzuki Boulevard with a big touring seat. That same cushion has been on my Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1700, my Kawasaki Vulcan 900, and my Honda Gold Wing GL1800. I never carried a passenger so don't know what size that back seat would take.
    Quite frankly I haven't had to use it on my 2021 Spyder RTL as that seat is very comfortable for me.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Air Hawk here too. Buy the ReVB large - 14x14.5.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange