Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Looks like Bfromia and MonPaul might be the perfect riding partners for me. I can turn a 750 mile trip into 1,200 mies no problem.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Looks like Bfromia and MonPaul might be the perfect riding partners for me. I can turn a 750 mile trip into 1,200 mies no problem.
    Sounds good to me! I am always known for taking "longcuts" and that isn't always appreciated. And unless I am really in a hurry I won't take freeways because they are just too boring of a ride and rarely scenic (at least where I live) and my friends think that is crazy!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    Sounds good to me! I am always known for taking "longcuts" and that isn't always appreciated. And unless I am really in a hurry I won't take freeways because they are just too boring of a ride and rarely scenic (at least where I live) and my friends think that is crazy!
    Freeways, 2 or 3 wheels are only good when you got to get there and you're late.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-13-2023 at 08:15 AM. Reason: your (belongs to you) - you're (contraction of you are). ;-)
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Freeways, 2 or 3 wheels are only good when you got to get there and you're late.
    I need to find friends like you! I feel the exact same way.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I agree with that, mostly. My experience last year demonstrated there can be benefits of freeway riding vs. secondary roads. I needed to get back to Idaho from Iowa because my older brother was in bad shape, but I was not going to rush the trip. Riding on the freeway made it possible to cover the requisite miles in a day without the stress of additional hours it would have taken on secondary roads. That aspect went a long way to keeping my stress level in check. I was also more assured of getting a motel on short notice since the freeways are well populated with them. For a totally non-hurried and relaxing trip the secondary roads are best, but on the other hand freeways can also be relaxing.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    My observation is that Interstate 15 is more scenic than US 89 where they parallel each other in Utah.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    My observation is that Interstate 15 is more scenic than US 89 where they parallel each other in Utah.
    I'm trying to think of where that would be...?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I'm trying to think of where that would be...?
    Roughly from the US 50 junctions to US 6 junctions. 89 goes through a lot of small towns, commercial areas, and farmsteads that offer very little interesting to look at. I-15 is surrounded by sagebrush desert and mountains.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-13-2023 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Roughly from the US 50 junctions to US 6 junctions. 89 goes through a lot of small towns, commercial areas, and farmsteads that offer very little interesting to look at. I-15 is surrounded by sagebrush desert and mountains.
    You're right, if you're just passing through. There are some interesting towns and side trips into the mountains along the way though, if you have the time.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 03-13-2023 at 06:22 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Idaho.....Utah...... you’re both forgetting that “Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder”!

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper